I can get so much done!
This isn’t the order I did stuff, but I don’t want a garage picture to be what everyone sees first thing this morning. With the baby quilt finished and not being ready to start the silk quilt, I set my sights on the garage and when I was so tired I couldn’t move, I came in and sewed red/white/blue blocks for the bee. More about that later.
Before I was going to use the Hobbs wool batting in my silk quilt, I needed to know how it was going to act, so I planned a small practice piece. I traced one of my photos onto a piece of red poly that was thin and had the feel of my silk. And, I sandwiched a piece of batting that I cut off the corner. And, I gave that batting a workout.
It worked out so good, I squared the pattern up and I think I’m going to put it in a little frame.
It’s very hard to photograph. I really need a camera that will photograph red better.
Anyway, the batting did wonderfully, so I was ready to move to the next step. I pin basted the silk. I guess I just need a new camera because that silk is brown.
But, I still haven’t put a thread into it. Kinda nervous. What if it doesn’t turn out like the vision in my head. The practice piece was close, but not exactly as precise as I had envisioned. Thread is not as precise as pencil for me. So, I’m trying to release that vision and let the quilt be what it will be. But, first, I have to put a stitch into it. Maybe tomorrow.
Next weekend is the class with Sally Collins. I couldn’t help pulling another set of fabrics for it. That makes four. Yes, I have enough fabric sets pulled to make 4 pincushions. Hopefully, something she says in the beginning of the class will help me pick. Here is the latest. Ohhh, they’re yummy in real life. Even if they don’t turn into a pincushion, they might stay together to be a quilt.
Okay, so back to the garage. I dis-assembled the furniture pile and put it back in a different order so that I could use some of the furniture that was piled. And, I threw away several bags of garbage and made a tall pile for goodwill.
Now, I have a work station where I can work on machines or build things for the dollhouse, without taking the sewing room out of commission. Who knows, maybe one day, Rob and I will both be working together in the garage. That would be nice.
I heard a lady at work say that she had weeded for two hours before she got through.
What I wanna know is how she measures through. I weed every day and I’m never through.