7/8/19

All work

All work and no play makes Lane a dull boy too, so this probably won't be a very exciting post.  All I've done this week is work.  I tried to settle into the new job early in the week.  But, my old boss turned off my access like he was supposed to and my new boss didn't turn on my new access...the rest goes without saying.  All I could use were email and skype.  Anyway, by Wednesday it was all straight and I spent the day catching up on questions.  The new job is very different.  They react.  I think they were surprised Wednesday when they got some proactive answers from me (ex. mgr: Take this action on these three items.  me, 30 minutes of research later: What about the other 112 items that have the exact same situation.  mgr: THERE ARE 112 ITEMS LIKE THIS!?!)

It's gonna be that way for a while, I think.

Rob went to a family reunion, which left me home alone and lonely.  So, I worked like a dog.  I spent the early mornings working on guild raffle quilt blocks, then went outside and worked in the yard a while, then back in and cleaned house.  I ate vegetarian all week, which made my Saturday's Bacon-cheeseburger all the better.  Let's just say that Syd was surprised when I actually made a vegetable tart Tuesday night.  But, she said it was good.  Not so much for the tomato and spinach pasta the next night.  And, on the 4th, she said she ate lots of barbeque...lots of meat, not just vegetables like I did. 


These are the three quilt blocks I assembled this week.  Guild members volunteered to make quarter blocks and then the co-coordinator and I are putting the quarters together.  I'm going to have to send an email soon asking for the last remaining kits to be returned.  I unfortunately did not keep a good record of everyone that had a kit.  Lesson learned. 

 
Before I let myself start the guild blocks, I finished up the last Sunbonnet Sue block.  Now I have all 16 and no idea what to do with them.  I'm going to be looking for a medium or dark print that reminds me of the 70s-80s.  Something with some flowers.  Or, a bold solid. 
 

Idle hands, and all that, right?

One last pic.  This is the cats, snuggled up on a quilt we've draped across a chair in the living room.  I don't remember the last time I saw them in this chair, the dogs had kind of taken it over.  But, soon as I draped this quilt over it, they hopped in and have spent a lot of time there since.


That's it for me.  A driver picked up the POD on Saturday, so the last evidence of the foundation repair is gone.  There are four boxes of small stuff in the garage.  Everything else is put away.  The house is clean.  It even smells clean.  And, for a while, life should be back to normal. 

Whatever that is now. 

Lane

 
 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You’ve been busy. Happy to hear you survived the foundation repairs. Such a big job. Have a good week. Thanks for sharing. Mary

Anonymous said...

Work, work, work and you get it all done...A shame everyone doesn't have your work ethics. Love the quilt squares. Reminds me of one my MIL made years ago. She also made pillows using those same squares. Don't know how you find time to cook and bake. lum