3/27/23

Went to a quilt show

This weekend was the Georgetown quilt show.  We both love this show.  It's a small show, but the quilters that enter are very talented and the quilts are beautiful!  It was very hard to select just a few to share.  This is a show in the town that Linda lived in so it was a little bittersweet.  We had lunch at one of the places we used to take her and spent a few minutes reminiscing.  It's been several years since she passed, but I still miss her and her sense of adventure, and her kindness.

This was my vote for best of show.  I don't think I"ve ever seen this block before.  It's called a Pine Burr block and it uses folded fabric squares to achieve this look.  This is a pattern I want to dig into a bit, I want to know how it's made.  


This one offered a fun optical illusion.  When you looked at it straight on, it was a nice quilt, but when I looked through the camera, the optical illusion came through.  This one I already looked up to see how it's made.

Beautiful bird appliqué.  It was so precise, I had to look close to be sure it wasn't printed on the fabric and quilted around.  

The quilting on this small quilt just blew me away.  


I am probably going to have to buy this pattern.  I love the way the colors work and would like to try that.  

And, about a hundred more beautiful pieces of fabric art.  Oh, quilting bug, please bite me again!  I want so much to get back to making beautiful quilts.  But, I keep saying later and filling my time with a hundred other things.  

When we got home from the quilt show, instead of serging and washing my new fabrics (I should be ashamed!), I made shirt alterations all afternoon.  Yesterday, we went to the grocery and hardware stores.  We picked up the window for the greenhouse.  It's much bigger than I expected and will give a nice view of the back yard from the new potting station.  After that, I got in a couple hours of yard work.  It's a little later than I'd hoped, but I was able to divide a couple things that were too big for their places and potted all that up to use or give away later.  And, there was plenty of weeding to do.  Plenty!

After the quilt show, Rob and I walked through the garden to see the poppies.  


Rob suggested we take a selfie.  It might be the first selfie he's ever suggested!

Now, what kind of arsehold could be against such a cute couple being together, making a life and enjoying together time?  It certainly wasn't the people at that quilt show.  They loved us and everywhere it was smiles and asking us questions and laughing together.  

Everybody have a great week!  Enjoy time with someone you love and take every chance to tell them you love them.  

Lane


 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The burr block quilt must be heavy. I’ve never seen anything like that before. Y’all look so happy. Great photo. Thanks for sharing. Mary

sewandsow said...

Check out Diane Harris' site,Stash Bandit. She has a Pine Burr block.
Wonderful picture of you two. Debbie

Anonymous said...

Something cute to see, “ Son sewed a shirt for his dad” on Reddit. Mary

Anonymous said...

That's a great picture of you two. Thanks for sharing.