The secret to my hoops has always been having some backing fabric tucked into the hoop all the way around. That kept that backing stretched taught and I could then work with the quilt top and the batting.
But, this quilt didn't have enough backing fabric on this side. It had enough on the first two sides I quilted, but not this side.
I tried it in two different hoops.
So, I sat back and looked at it. And, I thought about it. And, I answered some email and watched a little TV.
And, then I went out to my stash busters system and pulled out some of my widest strips of fabric. And, I sewed them along the side. It ain't pretty. Doesn't need to be prize winning stitching. It will all be cut off and only y'all will know it was there.
But, look how it made the quilt fit into the frame...
All tucked under the outer frame. And, now I can start quilting again. Whoo-hoo!
Everybody have a great Saturday. It's the start of a three day weekend. Enjoy every minute of it and try to get some sewing in. You'll be glad you did!