8/26/19

Can you feel the difference?

Is it possible that I really feel the difference between 105* and 101*?  I don't know.  Maybe it's all in my head.  But, I swear, it feels better out.  Oh, it's still hot as satan's fireplace, and by the time I walk from the car (maybe 30 steps) through the humid, wet heat, I just want to walk in the house and lay down on the floor. 

It's a good thing I have an incentive project.  Something that can be done in the air conditioning. 

I finished the 8 small arcs I was making.  These don't as long as they look like they would, but they still take a long time.  That was all the sewing I did, with some stars as leaders and enders.
 
 
And, of course, there was yard time.  Not much in bloom now.  Just a few things that can stand the heat.  The Rock Roses are doing really well.  This is a closeup, but they're putting out long stems and multiple little pink flowers along them. 
 

 And, one of the hibiscus.  These used to be Syd's, but now they're mine, I guess.  She only took her orchids.  She left a LOT of hibiscus. 


This weekend, there were regular chores, but we also started the painting process.  We bought paint so we can paint the guest room next weekend and I painted the closet.  It looks so good.  It's going to be a showplace for my quilts.  We'll be able to walk in there and see them all at one time and choose the one we want from the stacks.  At least that's the plan. 
 
I know painting a closet doesn't sound like much of a start, but this closet has lots of shelves and it was a lot more work than I expected.  But, it's a start.  The house was last decorated when it was popular to use a different color in every room.  I didn't do a very good job of relating those colors to one another.  This time, we are going with a limited, related palate that I think is going to look Maaaaaahhvelous! 
 
But, there's a lot of work between then and now. 
 
A lot of work.
 
Everybody have a great week!!  I'll be resting my sore back. 
 
Lane
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 


5 comments:

Lakegaldonna said...

Loving the arcs Lane.
I love the idea of the quilt closet too. I'm having my own version worked on and am excited about it. You'll love seeing them all together.
Happy Monday to you. Hope it stars to cool down by you soon.

Anonymous said...

How lucky to have a place to showcase your quilts. It won’t be a guest room, it will be a museum with every quilt telling a story. Looking forward to those photos. Thanks for sharing. Mary

Rebecca Grace said...

Sorry that your back is giving you trouble, Lane. Those hibiscus are gorgeous, and so are your paper pieced arcs! I love the idea of a quilt museum/guest room in your home, too.

Dot said...

You have such a good eye for color. Those arcs are gorgeous examples of opposing lights to darks and contrasting colors. My own eye travels across each one and they all look so good. Is there going to be some plain space on the quilt to showcase all your fine piecing and colorwork?

Terri in BC said...

Just a little tip - paint all your closets white! then when you change the room colour, you don't have to repaint the closet (or at least only the scuffed parts). Take it from one who has repainted way too many closets!! Love your work!