9/9/19

Starts and stops

Life moves forward in a series of starts and stops.  More about that later. 

Remember those arcs I've been making?  This is what they turn into.


And, then those, turn into these.  I have the remaining 12 arcs pieced, now I just need to set them into their blocks. This is my "big quilt" for next year's shows.  I keep telling it it's a winner. 


But right now, I have to finish the second quilt for the guild.  We make one for the raffle and one as an "incentive" to give to the person that sells the most raffle tickets.  The quilter has the raffle quilt and now I need to finish my part of the incentive.  I passed the fabric to my co-quilter yesterday so she can start the border. 

Remember, I was painting a closet to display my quilts in?  The closet is too small to get them all in one picture.  But, this is the bottom half. 


And, this is the top. Most of these quilts are my work, but there are a few vintage quilts here and there. 


Labor day weekend, we started to paint the guest room.  This was Syd's room.  No more purple wall!!! 


Now, it's a lovely shade of green.  I've started emptying the studio so we can paint in there.  That's taking a while, but it's going to be this same shade of soft green and I can hardly wait...but wait I must. 


This is a very out of season Mock Orange blossom.  I love how it showed up in the dark. 



After we got that the room painted, we came out into the living room and found a new crack along the ceiling.  The part of the house we didn't have repaired now has to be repaired.  This made us very sad.  And, then the man came and told us how much it was going to cost and we became very, very sad.  But, we are soldiering on.  This time, they will be putting a pier into my studio, so that means the carpet will have to be pulled up in one corner.  And, two more piers in the living room.  We asked the man to do what he needed to do to make sure he never had to come back to our house.  And, that's what we are doing. 

Everybody have a great week!  Work is going well.  It's busy as all get out, but I'm managing the workload better each week. 

Lane

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The arcs are really nice. Love the green paint. What’s a pier? The closet is amazing. Fantastic place for your quilts. Thanks for sharing. Mary

Rebecca Grace said...

Your paper pieced arcs are AMAZING!!! Fresh paint in a new color can do so much. Would love to repaint and redo my whole house but it's such a slippery slope with one change necessitating another update... That nice, fresh green is lovely. I'm sorry you've had sad news from your contractors again but hopefully this will be the last major repair you need to go through! It is so much more fun to pay for exciting remodeling renovations than things like structural repairs, replacing roofs and HV/AC, etc.

Becky said...

Yes, quilt, you are indeed a winner!! Can't wait to see the finished product. It is going to rival my Orange Peel quilt for the favorite I believe!!! Love your work...love you!!

Have a great week.
Becky

Jill said...

A luxury having a closet for quilts. The arcs are striking. It is amazing how a fresh coat of paint can change a room. It’s good that things are more manageable at work.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

I just love your arc quilt!! And the green room...lol

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, it is a winner... Love the green, green has been my favorite for many many years. Did not see any vintage quilts that I remember. They are folded just right and stack beautifully. Busy, busy busy lum