8/19/24

The middle

 This weekend, I got the rest of the leaves sewn down on the baby quilt and got the flower centers prepped and pinned so all I need to do is sew them down.  This little quilt has gone fast, especially for an appliqué project.  


Next up, borders and I'm not sure which direction to go.  I have a nice print with a yellow background and green leaves that  I think would look great.  And, I have a red/pink with similarly shaped daisies printed on it.  There's a peachy pink tone on tone.  And, another leaf print with little stems of leaves on a white background.  Or, I might take the top to a quilt shop and see what I can find.  

We went car shopping on Saturday.  The Prius is still in the shop.  part didn't come in, yada-yadda bullshit.  Anyway, I was sitting there, looking at a picture of the perfect vehicle, exactly what Rob wants and everything I asked for.  That was when I really realized what hating the Prius was about to cost me and decided I'm not entirely sure I hate the Prius that much.  They were going to order the car and when the Prius was out of the shop, they'd give me a trade in price.  But, I realized this whole deal rests on how much they're going to give me in trade on the Prius and until I know that, there's no sense in ordering a car.  Why they won't tromp up the hill to the shop to inspect the Prius for a trade in value is beyond me.  Anyway, it all got to be a bit much, and I needed to walk away and think about it a while.  That's when we found out the part for the Prius didn't come in and I'm still without a car.  Except this week, I got places to be, so I'm going to need to pay for Ubers.  Because this Prius is never going to stop costing me money!

Okay, that might be a little overdramatic, but it does feel that way a little.  Like I've bought an albatross.  

Rob, God love him, doesn't care how much it costs.  He just wants me to be happy.  In a car he can comfortably get in and out of.  We ended up having several very frank and honest conversations on Saturday, not just about the car but about other things that have been on our minds.  That was really nice.

His new work hours started last week.  He goes in two hours later.  We're still getting used to that.  Big change!

It's summer.  Life is slow here right now.  Anything we do outside needs to be done early in the morning and usually involves a water hose.  And, more and more, I want a power nap after lunch.  I'm still practicing the ukulele, trying to train these old fingers to do something new.  I'm slow but deliberate.  And, I try not to practice when Rob's home because all the songs sound the same when I'm not singing, same five or so chords played over and over.  Kind of like life sometimes.  The same things, repeated until you get them right.  

Speaking of getting things right:

And, this beautiful Sphinx moth spent the day on our front porch yesterday.  


Everybody have a great week!  Stay cool!  Be well!

Lane

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you said you couldn’t do a perfect circle ! Thanks for sharing. Mary

Anonymous said...

May i please have your recipe for the protein shake?!! Your baby quilt is just gorgeous! I admire anyone who has the ability to applique. I don't have the patience for it!