9/30/24

Shortey

 Not much going on around here.  I spent the weekend quilting the border on the baby quilt.  I did larger flowers and some straight lines.  I'm sewing down the binding now.  It's always slow going for me.  I sew a few minutes and then I get distracted and set it in my lap a few minutes.  Despite how different the border and the back fabrics are, I found a fabric that pulls a little color from each of them.  


We didn't make it to the local quilt show this weekend.  I stepped on a rock on my walk the other day and bruised the bottom of my foot, and walking through a quilt show was not in the cards.  It's the first one we've missed in a long time, and I hated it.  I tried to get Rob to take my office chair and push me through the vendor mall, but he wasn't having it.  Even the best of men will only go so far...apparently.  

My desert rose bloomed this week.  It's a beautiful flower.  I guess I didn't realize it was a poisonous plant.  I don't keep it in places where a dog could get to it, but it still was a little bit of a surprise.  

Am I the only one that ever wondered why Franciscan called this pattern Desert Rose?  Now, I know.  

While the days are cooling off, we're still not getting any rain, so I linger in some parts of the garden to enjoy a little beauty and then I walk quickly through others, or get the hose and get lost in the rambling thoughts of a little hand watering.  

Our grocery store was closed yesterday due to power issues.  We went to the next nearest store.  Wow, was it different.  At one point, after Rob had spent several minutes searching for Kleenex, we both looked at one another and said "this store is laid out stupid."  But, we got what we needed and had a little adventure to boot.  We also had dinner with Sydney on Saturday night.  And, she gave me some plants.  She's really into houseplants right now and I'm all for that.  I'll let her give me advice.  She gave me a couple of really nice cuttings to root (fingers crossed) and a couple of other plants that outgrew her space.  

Short post.  Sorry.  But, I think I'm feeling the effects of having my flue shot and my covid vax at the same time, maybe.  Not feeling sick, just muddle-headed.  I don't think work is going to get their money's worth out of me today.   I'd like to pull this baby quilt over me and keep sewing binding.  Maybe take a little nap.  And is that the start of a plan?  

Everybody have a great week!  Hydration, hydration, hydration.  

Lane

No comments: