8/2/10

counting and stacking...how boring

This post was supposed to include a picture of the drunkard's path cmas quilt that I'm taking on vacation. But, I forgot to upload it. So, we'll have to let this old one suffice. Needless to say, changes have been made. Like, all the navy and turquoise surrounds the center medallion and the corner sections are all green and red. And, the four corner blocks and the four center quarter circles are all out of the same holiday print fabric that I found with the same colors in it. But, that's neither here nor there as I will post a better picture than this later.
What's important is WHAT WAS I THINKING??? taking this quilt as a finger project in the car?
And, WHY DID I PICK DRUNKARDS PATH FOR CHRISTMAS???
Okay, so the answer to the last question is because I had a cmas pack of nickel squares that work perfect for cutting a drunkard's path. But, the first question can't be excused so lightly. I spent most of yesterday finalizing the layout because I won't be able to lay it out in the cab of the truck while we drive. And, numbering each square with it's row and column number, taped on the block so that I can tell which direction is up on each square. And, even with that, I won't start sewing rows of blocks together until I can lay it out one more time to check. Assembling this while driving is going to be like putting together a puzzle with a blindfold on.
But, I can tell you that when I finally do get it assembled, it's going to be stunning!
Take care and have a great Monday. Lane

3 comments:

Rhoda said...

Looking forward to seeing it in it's revised form. Clearly, you'd forgotten what you can and can't do in a truck.

Shirley said...

I'm sure it will turn out great Lane. You are so organized and so good at making quilts that I doubt you could mess it up if you tried.

Pauline said...

Thanks for the new look at Drunkards Path. I can't believe how many times I've merely scanned the pattern and dismissed it without seeing the possibilities! So... another quilt is added to my "wanna make thses" list. Which is already so long I'll never live to make them all, even if I were 10 years old, which I'm not. Can't wait to see the revision!