This morning, I wanted a new pic of the arc quilt. I was sure I was finally finished. I spent yesterday afternoon correcting the last errors and tying off the last knots. I was at the machine so the quilt was kind of piled up next to me and I gave it a once over and tied a couple stray knots. When I laid it out this morning, I saw four pins (mistakes) and two untied knots. I was so disappointed.
I swear this quilt is trying to be unfinished...
I'll get it done, but I've started to feel a sense of urgency. I have another quilt I'd like to quilt to enter into the September show. It doesn't even have borders yet.
I re-made the American Stars block. I guess we all knew I would. I'm not much on being beaten by a little sewing. I didn't try to paper piece it this time. I cut it and traditionally pieced it, marking all the intersection points and making them match. Thank goodness, it took less time the second time. In retrospect, I wish I'd used a lighter blue instead of the brown, but I'm still satisfied with the block.
Here are the four blocks together. They look rather disjointed. Two look alike, but the other two don't look the same at all. I have to keep in mind that I'm mixing these with 12 others to make a queen size quilt. There will be so much variety that it won't matter that these four look odd together.
I took Friday off, just to burn some PTO. It's gotten away from me and I need to schedule a week out. I didn't have any particular purpose, but I ran some errands and took care of a couple things and started "mapping" the garden. I want to know where things are so I can stop planting things on top of one another and so I can tell what is where and what color it's going to be. All the (unk) will be replaced with the color when the plant blooms. It looks like it would be easy, but it's really slow work and kind of boring, so I keep sitting the notebook down and pulling a few weeds that I see when I'm looking at the space so intently. I got two sections done this weekend. It will get easier, I'm sure. I've already started a spreadsheet with information about the plants and I plan to add things like when it bloomed and how tall it got to that.
And, speaking of the garden, here are a few pics of new flowers.
I think this Iris came from my Mom. Not sure.