4/18/22

So much going on

It started with a dead battery in the car that made me have to reschedule an 8am doctor's appt and then there was upper management in the office and I went to the office for most of three days.  I had that rescheduled doctor's appt and Bella had an appt to have her staples removed from the surgery a couple weeks ago.  I was definitely busy and put more miles on the car than I have in a single week in a long time.  

Unfortunately, I have nothing quilty to show.  I worked on the American Stars block and threw it away.  I did not have the patience for that kind of precise work this weekend.  I finally put away all the jackets and sweaters that had built on up the arc quilt and worked on it a little.  I did a little mending and a little cleaning and made us a delicious roasted game hen for lunch yesterday.  And, spent a lot of time in the garden.  

These Iris and Amaryllis are having a great show!  The yellow Iris are responding to the extra sun from the tree trimming last year.  



I just told someone that I didn't have a purple iris and then one appeared.  I don't know where it came from or how long I've had it, but it hasn't bloomed in long enough that I'd forgotten about it.  


This multi-color iris bloomed.



The leadwort plumbago went nuts for such a small plant!


We have a neighbor who has a real stand of Amaryllis in their hellscape (the space between the sidewalk and street where it is almost always hard to garden).  They put on this show every year.  


And, I wanted to share these dianthus.  They came from my Mom's last year. 


Okay, that's it for me.  I spent a lot of time cleaning up in the garden.  Now that everything is in, it's just dead-heading, weeding, and keeping it looking good.  

Everybody have a great week!  Find a flower and enjoy it.  

Lane

4 comments:

My Piece of Earth said...

Love the multi coloured iris, have not seen one like that before.
I found lots of flowers in the garden, daffodils and purple primula blooming at the present time.
Now quilting for me for several days either, sorting my scraps, only did all the blue ones so far. How many colours are there? No quilting for quite awhile.

jane said...

I have really missed your posts.
The flowers are lovely. Somehow they look prettier than the ones in our yard. We only have one or two here and there and I like splurges. I have been thinking of planting lavender plants all over in the gaps.

Anonymous said...

The flowers are nice. Love the colors. Hope your week goes better. Thanks for sharing. Mary

Dot said...

It's wonderful to see your flowers blooming. I remind myself that spring will reach all of us eventually.