10/14/10

Parent's rule, players drool

The girls didn't win enough games to make it into the tournament, but the coach had this Thursday on the schedule, just in case. She filled it by letting the girls play the parents. And, the parents beat the doo-doo out of them!!!! Yeah!



See the scoreboard? The parents were the home team. Here are the parents.



When the parents score got about 8 points higher than the girls, the coach would let all the girls on the floor.



And, all the parents, too.



This is the final hand slap under the net.



Way to go Moms and Dads. And, no, I did not play. I ran the scoreboard. Yeah, me!

Work is as stressful as it can get and I can't get everything done. But, that didn't stop me from leaving an hour early to go to the game. And, tomorrow nite is the homecoming dance and Rob and I are working. Sydney is so upset that we're going (you're soooo overcontroling!!! stomp stomp) that I'm thinking about making her stand behind me at the ticket table in the military at-ease position. Can you imagine how humiliating that would be? I like it!

Okay, so she's gonna have to do a bit more for me to take that drastic action, but I'm considering it as a good backup threat.

Take care and hope you had a great Thursday. Lane

7 comments:

Coloradolady said...

Lane, This comment is for Sydney ~
Sydney, we used to chaperon for my daughters dances when she was in jr. High. I am here to tell you, you have nothing to worry about! The parents usually hole up in a corner and talk most of the night and forget they are supposed to be watching the kids.....it really won't be that bad....promise!!

In fact, you should drag them out on the dance floor to dance with you.....embarrass them!!! ;) That should do it!!!! Have fun at the dance...and Lane and Rob...you two have a good time too!!!

Unknown said...

Lane, you crack me up about the dance! I think that it is the parents right to drive their kids crazy - it is called payback! These are the things you guys will laugh about when she is older!

lw said...

You could also put a large button on your coat that says, "Sydney's Dad." That would also work. I think you'll all have fun.

One of my favorite memories-- I remember my dad taking me, my sister and five of our best friends to a haunted house. It was dark and scary, and somehow in the dark we got mixed up and when we came out, the seven of us were clinging to the wrong dad-- and our dad had five or six unfamiliar girls clinging to him. It was hysterical and embarrassing at the same time.

Michelle said...

Way to go parents! AND Score keeper! Good job!!!

ShelleyK said...

enjoy ticket-taking tonight! I wish I could play my parents in kickball...

Rhoda said...

It looks like a good time was had by all! Our kids didn't care if we chaperoned or not. I guess it wasn't a big deal to them. Being there will be good for all 3 of you, though.

Shay said...

A good butt whooping doesnt hurt anyone from time to time!

I'm sure everyone will enjoy the dance.

Chuckling @ the idea of Sydney doing anything military style.