And, now, back to our life, already in progress.

Today, Rob's Mom goes home. I am sure that he and Sydney are very sad today, so I went back to work today. They'll likely do something fun for lunch together and by the time I get home, will hopefully have worked through their feelings.

The visit was wonderful. We didn't do anything. Well, we ate a lot. We had Thai and Indian and Mexican, sandwiches and big meals I made. Rob announced last night that he had lost two pounds and none of the rest of us believed him. Impossible. Two pounds. The nerve.

I sewed and quilted. A lot. A whole lot. I sewed and listened to them talk about the 60's, the 70's, the 80's. I sat in the room when they got to the 90's, thinking that soon, they'd get to 1999, when Rob and I met, but instead, they went back to the 70's again and conversation was about people I didn't know. I don't know how many Dresden Plates I got attached to the backgrounds. But, it was a bunch. And, I started appliqueing the centers down and hate the fabric, so I'm going to "choose again" and add that dark solid to stash. And, I made another Jubilee mariner's compass and took the photos for my tutorial on paper piecing that will start...soon. I promise. Soon.

And, I finished the Roll, Roll Cotton Boll quilt and turned it over to the lady that is going to use it as a fundraiser for her church youth group.

It came out beautiful. Just the right amount of quilting to be snuggly and soft and add a dimension to the quilt.

You can't see the quilting because the thread is invisible, but it's there and it's really pretty.

Would have showed up much better if I'd blocked the quilt instead of drying it in the dryer. But, it will likely be tossed in the dryer by the winner, so better to get that done and over with.

Now, all the quilting responsibilities from before my birthday are over and I can focus on the Jubilee quilt (progress updated today). And, I have a new sewing machine that I've never even had time to learn to thread, so that has to be corrected. Yes, it is the machine I bought to give to Rob's Mom. Turns out, someone beat me to it and she has a new machine at her new house. I know it makes me look bad, but I'm kind of glad. I am a collector after all. Just not sure where I'll put even one more. The sewing room is filled to the gills.

Everybody have a great Wednesday. Lane


qltmom9 said...

SO BEAUTIFUL!!! Wow, gorgeous!

lw said...

I want to buy a raffle ticket!

regan said...

My hubby's family does that, too.....always talks about times before I was around, and never anything that I was involved in. Makes for a long visit sometimes! I'm still not sure how any of those people are related, or where they are now, but I've heard all the stories! lol

RRCB turned out fabulous! They will surely make a killing on the raffle ticket sales! Well done! And now....it's Jubilee time! Yay!

Kath said...

Thats so lovely, I wish I could buy a ticket :-)

The Vintage Seamstress said...

I love the cotton bowl quilt! Why do you call it that, do you have the fabric cotton bowl in it?

vivian said...

Beautiful! You can see the quilting on the back-beautiful back and front! And big too!

Becky said...

Glad your visit was great! The donation quilt is fabulous! It should make the Youth some good $$$$!

Michelle said...

Your quilt is beautiful! I wish I was getting it! Congratulations on the new machine. Maybe you'll have to put up some shelves!


Elizabeth said...

The quilting is beautiful. That raffle winner is going to be one lucky heirloom quilt owner. The fabrics are so pretty!

Here's a question for you. Can you block a quilt if you've already thrown it in the dryer? More specifically, how would you go about it? The quilt needs washed again and I was thinking of taking it to a dry-cleaners in town who does blocking because I don't really have a good space (or the patience) to do it myself. Should I wash and dry the quilt a second time and let them worry about the blocking procedure? Or should I take it to them wet?

xo -E

Carla said...