4/9/15

Just a post to pass the time

Nothing important going on here.  It’s very important that it is not crazy around me all the time.  I need the slow times to rest and rejuvenate.  I didn’t appreciate how much I needed that when I was younger and would go-go-go until I dropped.  Now, I’m much more able to stop for a while and smell some roses, then step back into the fray of life.

Today, I wanted to show a few things I picked up at the quilt show a few weeks ago. 

I love old issues of QNM.  I should have made them a cash offer for the whole box of back issues that were for sale.  But, I contented myself with three, chosen at random from the box.

100_8063

Syd is definitely a fabric purse girl and she found the pattern and a fat quarter that she wants as the color basis, so as soon as this triple feathered star is pieced, I plan on starting a purse for her.  It will be my first one.  Are you excited for me? 

I also bought this book.  I couldn’t resist the title.

100_8064

It’s a pattern book for things made out of pearl cotton; knitted, crocheted, and tatted.  No, it’s not what you’d expect if you just saw the title.

I don’t know how much stuff I’ll actually make.

These intrigue me…

100_8065

more than these.  (Nothing against the 40’s y’all, but ewwww!)

100_8068

This knitting bag looked fun.

100_8066 

And, one of these would make a great rug in the 40’s diorama house.

100_8067 

Okay, yes, I would learn how to do this.  Maybe.  I don’t know.  It looks complicated.  We’ll see.  Just what I don’t need is another hobby.

100_8069

On a side note, I am a messy sewist.  It’s a wonder I can find anything.  It’s just who I am.  I have a cluttered mind and a cluttered workspace.  Not just this one.  My office workspace is not much better, sadly.

But, underneath the clutter, I can guarantee you it is clean.

100_8061

You just have to get past the clutter to find the clean.

Anybody wanna guess why there’s a compass on my workspace? 

I am not good at free hand quilting Baptist Fans.  So, I will be making a paper template to quilt through.  Anybody wanna know how I’m going to do that? 

I introduced the idea of quilting through a paper punched tissue paper template at my class last weekend.  I’m thinking there’s going to be a tutorial on my blog about how I do that. 

It’ll give me something to talk about.

Everybody have a great Thursday.  Nirti is slowly getting over being mad at me for taking her to the vet.  She voluntarily sat in my lap for the first time this morning.  And, Syd is feeling good enough to complain about the antibiotics. 

I’m so glad.

“I’m not a wabbit!  I’m tie-uhd”

See ya’ at the sewing machine.  Lane

3 comments:

lw said...

I like making purses, I think you will. It's fast, the results are really good even if you're a beginner.

My cat Jeff figured out that the shots were making him feel better, and he would jump up on the bed when he saw me get the kit out for his insulin. I thought he'd hate the shots, it was exactly the opposite.

Kath said...

Glad everyone is on the mend. Yes I am another messy stitcher. I love it that I can leave stuff out and wander about picking bits up until I decide what I want to do that day.

Lakegaldonna said...

I'm old enough to remember when the word gay meant happily or merry!