4/10/23

Shorty

Short post today.  We have a lot going on and not much to talk about.  

Last week, I got the fabrics I bought at the quilt show laundered and ready to use/store.  This is always a good opportunity to pick up fabrics for low prices from their boutique shop and I totally took advantage of it...even though I need new fabric like I need a hole drilled in my head.


 On the left are bits and bobs and scraps that I want to turn into a commemorative quilt.  I like to pick up little pieces and then turn them into something that reminds me of the show.  Next are pieces for a blue/white quilt I have in mind, using the blue-gray fabric on top to pull colors from.  The only color other than blue, white or gray would be the pink triangles in that fabric.  

Next are some pieces for stash and on the right is a collection called Adventure by Elizabeth Hartman.  A fun little group and if I add the white piece below it, could make a very cute autumn colored quilt.  

I turned in a couple big projects at work last week.  It was a very good week to be Lane.  Lots of recognition for work well done.  And, I got out of my own way and let people say nice things to one another without saying something like 'aw shucks ma'am, tweren't nothin'. 

Last week, Project Linus sent their monthly email (yes, I should be making Linus quilts again...they always make me so happy).  There was a pattern for a Gingham Afghan from Daisy Farm Crafts.  It's the first Afghan I've seen in years that I'm thinking about buying yarn to make.  Most of what I crochet is leftover yarns and finishing other people's work to donate it, but I could see me buying yarn to make this one.  It's cute and looks like a challenge.  

Everybody have a great week!  Find someone you love and give them a big old hug and tell them you love them.  And, try not to sweat the small stuff (unless you're using it to hide from some big stuff).

Lane

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post. You made me laugh . Looking forward to seeing what you create with the fabric. Thanks for sharing. Mary