9/16/09

Calgon...oh CALgon

CAL-GON!!!! TAKE ME AWAY!

Jeez, there is just too much going on, and I can't keep up with it. Work has ratcheted up to the point where I don't know whether I'm coming or going. And, I have a new co-worker who is the most pushy, passive-aggressive pain in the butt that I've ever worked with. She's also the first person I've ever worked with that I just don't mind being rude to at all. Normally, if I was rude to someone, I wouldn't rest until I'd apologized and tried to make it all better. But with her, I kinda don't mind if she hates me. Maybe it'll keep her off my back for a little while. Not that I've been really rude to her...yet.

Thank goodness Sydney is in a "good" phase. Since school started, we've had a couple of rounds of showing her that the more effort she puts into something, the less time she has to spend on it. Although, she is pushing me about dressing up for her school photos this year. Don't know why she's developed this thing about wearing T-shirts, but I really want her in something nicer than that for her school pic.

And, my quilting is going well. I finally have all the stitches out that I wanted to remove and am now started putting them back in, in the right colors. If my family will let me, I'm going to lock myself in the sewing room tonight and quilt until my hands get numb... I really need that relaxation right now. You know what I mean. That mind numbing sound of the needle going up and down, thinking of nothing more complex than staying on the lines. Ahhh. Sounds better than chocolate to me right now. But, maybe chocolate will get me through for the day.

Take care and have a great Wednesday! Lane

3 comments:

Coloradolady said...

I had to smile about Sydney....Oh, did this age give me fits. When Ali was little it was pink, matching everything and bows...middle school hit...and BAM..what the heck happened. The grunge stage as I call it.

I remember being so mad at my MIL I could have spit nails....my daughter wanted a black KORN t-shirt like the other girls in her class, No way was she wearing anything like that. Well she went shopping with my MIL and walked in the house sporting a black KORN shirt and my MIL had a look like she was daring me to say something.....I was so mad....I hated that shirt for all time. My daughter loved it and wore it to bits....

This is the age Lane where sloppy, t-shirts only, protest to dress up, messy is best look will be around for a bit....couple of years or if you are lucky only one....I have yet to meet a jr. high tween who does not fit in this group.

Believe it or not, those photos I have of her in this hideous KORN shirt, now that she is safely out of that stage are really fond reminders of those days....maybe Sydney will only wear a T-shirt...it will be OK....it could be worse...it could be a scary KORN shirt....

Someone wise once told me when choosing battles with my kids this...

"matters of fad...let them be, that will pass...but matters of principal...stand firm, those are the things that last"

I have found this to be true...oh so true....

You may get lots of quilts made during the next couple of years...but that is OK too!!! Poor Rob, what will he do...he does not sew does he????

Have a great day my friend...you better add me on FB!!!

Barb said...

Hope your day is going better today....it is no fun working with someone you don't care for.

DeAnna said...

It is miserable working with someone EVERY DAY that is hard to get along with. She probably feels intimidated being in a different work place. Just do what you always do, hold your ground and smile all the while.

Just think of the future t-shirt quilts that are on your horizon! I have a stack just waiting to be sewn up as a quilt...maybe a few quilts. Add pictures of Sydney here and there in the quilt and you have a great memory quilt!