It was a strange week, with health scares and weirdness at work. But, we got through it and made it to the weekend. As a distraction, I started playing an online game. That is NOT conducive to quilting and sewing, so I don't know how far I'll actually get. Probably not far. It was a great short term distraction, but I'm not willing to put any real time and especially not any money into it. But, I see how addictive it could be.
I also decided to switch out the main sewing machine in the studio. I went from Ken Moore, the Kenmore to Lorene, the Singer 401A. But, Lorene needs to see a professional. When I got her, I tried to clean her up and in doing so, I messed up something. I fiddled and fiddled and fiddled with her yesterday and managed to get a straight seam, but the fabric ripples a little, like the tension is off and just as I started to make progress on that, she started to skip stitches. So, she went back and my Grandmother's 15-91 came out to play. This is the machine from the video last week.
I'm making slow and steady progress on the small quilt. I try to work on it a little bit every day and it's paid off. I think I'm done with everything except the outer border. At least I'm going to try not to add any more quilting to the center. You can see the beginnings of the feathers in that border. Three lines. The center one is the feather's spine and the other two are the outer limits. I need to fill between the lines. It makes it so much easier to get consistent feathers when I start with these outlines.
And, while my cinnamon rolls were rising, I put the fourth block of Rob's camper quilt together.
That's cute, but they really get cute when I add the black blanket stitching and outline everything.
Okay, that's it for me. Plenty other things to do. It's another work Monday. whoopee. Everybody have a great day and I'm going to do my best to smile my way through it.