4/25/17

Mixed emotions

A couple years ago, I helped with the guild's raffle quilt; Red, White and Stars. 


I pieced the triple feathered star in the center and the Lemoyne star border around it.  Guild members pieced the feathered stars that are around that and the border.  I even assembled a couple of those stars when the paper piecing overwhelmed the volunteer that had taken it.  A wonderful local quilter did phenomenal custom long arm work on it that really brought the quilt to life. 


The quilt won a ribbon in Dallas before it was awarded in the raffle at last year's show.  Then, there was controversy surrounding the raffle drawing.  (The almost constant controversy is the only thing I'm not fond of at my guild.)  The lady that won it entered it in some shows under the guild's name. 


The quilt has ribboned in Paducah, but we don't know what it has won yet.  The winner is motoring there now for the show and will let us know after the awards ceremony this week. 

(I paper pieced the center of this block while I was guild secretary and the incoming secretary after me pieced the rest of the block, so it was a secretary's block.)

Publicly, my guild made a beautiful quilt that has gone on to win some national ribbons. 

Privately;

I AM PART OF A QUILT THAT RIBBONED IN DALLAS AND AT THE PADUCAH SHOW!!  AND IT'S GOING TO BE AT HOUSTON!!!!!  AND IT'S WINNING AWARDS!!!!!!!

You won't hear me say that outside.  It's the guild's quilt.  But, secretly, I had a lot to do with it.  And, I'm proud as heck!  I've been congratulated and every time, I defer back to the guild's accomplishment.  Or the huge accomplishment of the lady that took all those different blocks and put them together into this quilt.  Or the designer that thought of it. 

But, privately, I couldn't be prouder if I'd made the whole thing myself. 

Everybody have a great Tuesday.  It's yet another work day for me.  I'll get lots done.  But, I'll be waiting to hear the results of the awards ceremony. 

Lane

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a beautiful job! and the quilt is spectacular but the circumstances are dicey to say the least. Keep us apprised.

Dot said...

You are a phenomenal quilter. You should be proud. Not forgetting that small brown quilt that looks like perfection to me. Looking forward to hearing the results from Paducah.

Mari said...

This is awesome! How great that your work (and other people's work as well)will be recognized. But how odd is it that someone entered a quilt made by other people into a quilt show. I didn't even know that was possible. The quilt is absolutely lovely, though. Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

You did a fantastic job! Mary

Lakegaldonna said...

I am here in Paducah. Blue ribbon Lane!!! Blue ribbon. Congrats.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on being instrumental in the making of this AWARD WINNING quilt. (I know exactly how you feel, as a quilt I made was part of a multi-quilt display that won Best of Show.) Enjoy the excitement you feel. It feels AMAZING!!!

Megan said...

Congratulations. I think you have good reason to feel proud and excited about the contribution you made to this magnificent quilt. Well done.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Patricia said...

I got to see it! A beautiful quilt! Good job!