7/15/09

Somebody throw another log on the fire

Cuz 103* is not quite hot enough in TX. At least we won't be breaking the record today. That was 108 in 1929...Yes, that's before Air Conditioning! It's a wonder people stayed here to create a town.

Okay, enough about the heat. There hasn't been much quilting progress since the weekend. Work is exhausting me and when I get home, it's all I can do to feed us and clean up after that, then it's off to the couch for some TV and then to bed. And, I've been in the worst mood. No matter how hard I try to redirect, my mind just keeps going to unpleasant things from the last couple of weeks.

Sydney and I started our workouts again this morning, after a week off while she was sick. I'm hoping that the combination of endorphines and that feeling that I'm doing something good for myself will work together to improve my mood. Every therapist I've ever seen has suggested vigorous exercise as part of the solution, and over the last couple of months, I've come to believe it.

I'm sewing with my mentor on Saturday. That should help. And, the new QNM came in yesterday's mail. Of course, I haven't finished the last one and haven't even opened the last F/P. Guess I've been too busy quilting to read about quilting. Well, that and reading novels about quilting. But, I'll get to it. I have some travel next month. Maybe that will be a great time to get caught up.

Y'all take care and have a great Wednesday. We're halfway through the week and I for one am looking forward to the weekend. Lane

4 comments:

Becky said...

I have been seeing the temps on TV there in Austin and thinking that must be horrid! No wonder you are feeling tired and drained....that would sap anyone's strength. Hang in there and keep cool!!

My name is Riet said...

The heat wears you out, keep calm and inside as much as possible. Quilting time will soon come back.

Hazel said...

WOW that is really hot ,we're still waiting for summer here in Ontario .Keep cool .

Shirley said...

Wow, 103... the cabbie in Vegas said once it gets above 100 the air conditioning in his cab doesn't even work anymore to keep you cool. My mood has finally lifted now that I've been home for 2 weeks so I can empathise with what you're feeling in that wake. And the temperature doesn't help. Exercise does if you're in air conditioning when you're doing it... or maybe swimming. Remember to breathe deep and chin up.