7/4/09

What a fun day

Sydney and I had a blast yesterday. We started with some sitting in the sun while it was still cool enough. She read, I knitted on a sock. Then, we went clothes shopping and found her several cute t-shirts for summer camp and some school clothes for next year.

I don't know if I've blogged about it, but the middle school she'll be in next year has a very strict dress code. Solid shirts (t or polo) in black, gray, maroon or gold and jeans or khakis. And, that's it. Of course, she didn't have any of those 4 colors in her closet, so we're picking them up whenever we can find them to get a jump on the school year.

Then, we had a nice sandwich and Which Wich. We enjoy their made to order sandwiches. And, then we went to a little shop called Cafe Monet for some pottery painting. She painted a dolphin and I did a retro teapot. We won't know how they came out until next wednesday, but I'll post a pic as soon as I can.

So, we're all relaxing. They're going to the pool this afternoon and I'm going to stay home and quilt. I can't justify going out on the predicted hottest July 4th on record to sit in the hot sun and eat bar b que. Give me air conditioning anytime.

So, if you're celebrating independence day, may you have cool breezes and cold watermelon and fireworks all around. Take care and enjoy the day, no matter what you choose to do. Lane

3 comments:

Becky said...

Have a great, productive, relaxing day!

Molly said...

Have a great 4th and enjoy the air conditioning !

Shirley said...

Sounds like a perfect day Lane. I can sympathize with hot. Ottawa was so hot I felt I was going to melt and my sister wouldn't turn on the A/C cause she said it's old and it might break down... don't see the logic, not turned on, broken, there's a difference? Can't wait to see your teapot. I love retro.