7/31/13

All is well, nothing to report.

Sounds like a communication from a WWII submarine.

When I was young, it was all about what was happening.  The excitement of new and different.  Now that I am not so young, it’s gotten to be about the times when nothing that interrupts the routine is happening.  So, when I say that there’s nothing to report AND that all is well, that’s really something.

So, I picked some of the hum-drum to share today.

The green rose that I thought I’d killed when I treated it for blackspot and ALL the leaves fell off has come back and is blooming again.

100_5762

You have to look real close, but there are four blooms there and they form kind of a Y shape.  Weird plant, huh?  And, a bit finnicky, too.

And, Rob’s purple trumpet flower is blowing its own horn today.

100_5763

At night, hexies get basted.

100_5760

And, in the morning, Irish Chains get pieced.

100_5761

So far, I have nearly completed the first 19 pair of chain blocks.  That’s 38 blocks in three days.  I want 121 blocks, 11x11, so the chain will extend out of every corner (an even number of rows would end with a background block in two corners).  It was so helpful to have all those 9 patches already made.

Okay, I guess I’ve thought this out a bit better than I admitted to yesterday.

Be well and have a great Wednesday.  I need to get a quilt blocked this weekend because I might have promised to bring something to show and tell at guild. 

It’s debatable whether I actually promised.

And, likely depends on how much nerve I can work up between now and then.

Lane

3 comments:

Patricia said...

Such patience! Although I love Hex quilts---not for me! I am much too impatient. Know it will be beautiful!

Kath said...

Rob's purple trumpet flower is amazing, I have never seen one like that!

Elizabeth said...

Holy cow! That is one huge trumpet flower.

Be brave and take something to guild. Everyone will be amazed. I know I always am.

xo -E