11/15/13

Trending

This pattern has been buzzing around bee for a couple months.  One member made a beautiful blue one and another had a bali pack and wants to make a red one.  I’ve been listening to them talk, so I don’t need a pattern, and when I stumbled up on the jelly roll and fat quarter pack on clearance in JoAnn’s last week, I couldn’t help myself.

100_6213

I ended up not being very impressed with the fabrics, which are mostly batik prints, not actual batiks.  And, some of them are really thin and one has a dying error…or I guess a print error. 

Anyway, I cut all my fabrics late one night and only made one cutting mistake, and it didn’t include a finger, so that was a relief.

100_6212

I want to use the leftover scraps to make partial blocks that I can then add to one end or the other of a row to throw off the regimentation that you see above’ that stacked brick effect.  I think it will be a cute quilt and it’s not taking any time and it will work as a teen boy Linus quilt.  I am abysmally behind in my commitment regarding Linus this year.  I just hate it when I miss a commitment to myself.  Those are the worst kind.

This morning, I was quilting on the star quilt and I realized that I can’t take that to bee tomorrow and try to do it there.  It takes a ton of things, all coming together in the right way for me to be able to free motion quilt.  It’s light and height and spread and mood and distraction and sometimes, the ability to swear out loud without being embarrassed.  It’s the chair and the machine and the mood and I can’t transport that in the car.

So, I’ll pick a machine and piece.  I’m thinking about taking the hand crank.  That would be fun.  A nice novelty and this is such simple piecing I should be able to do it one handed. 

Guess I better try that before I decide.

Be well.  Have a great Friday.  I need to do so many things this weekend that I can’t even think about it without feeling tired and overwhelmed.  I am way too young to feel this darn old.

Lane

2 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

I was just over to Bonnie's blog and she took some time off (well deserved) and did some strings. It is coming out so adorable. I am not going to do her Mystery Quilt this year.

lw said...

It's comforting to know that someone else needs the conditions to be right for machine quilting.

I've often wondered how quilt patterns go viral. Whenever I stop commuting, I'd like to join a guild and catch a viral pattern or two myself.