1/5/15

First finishes of 2015

While I was off work, I managed to finish a few things…

I finished Rob’s fingerless gloves, and just in time.  It was 28* here when he left for work this morning.

100_7737

These were fun.  I made myself a brown pair with fingers that I plan to wear today, and I made this pair for Rob.  He didn’t want fingers in his, so they end at the first knuckle.  He’ll have to tell me if they were warm…or annoying.

I also finished a Linus quilt.  This is one of the three Linus quilts I got out of Bonnie Hunter’s 2012 Easy Street mystery.

100_7740

I almost pieced the corners to make this a rectangular quilt, but I didn’t.  I kind of like the octagonal ends and hope some young girl also thinks it’s cool and unconventional.  The back is a black and white printed drape that fell off a car in front of our house one year and I’ve held onto it, intending to use it as a quilt back.  This quilt, with all the black and white prints was the perfect excuse to get that moved on.

And, while it isn’t an exact finish, I did get my Civil War Stars sashed.  Still no decision on an outer border.  But, it will come to me and it’s not like I’m in a big rush.  I certainly have about a dozen other tops I can work on. 

100_7741

This weekend, we watched The Interview.  It was filthy and vile and we laughed all the way through.  No need to watch it if you’re easily offended, because it sets out to offend everyone.  It’s not that it was a great movie, although there is an actress that steals the show and walks away with it…if you see the movie, watch for her.  She has the best lines and delivers them flawlessly…you’ll know who she is.  Even though it wasn’t a great picture, I am glad I was able to watch it and that the objections didn’t stop the release. 

Everybody have a great Monday.  I hope your new year is starting off just like you would like it.  While I’d prefer if I didn’t have to go to work, it is what it is and I will do my best to enjoy it.  Today is my annual performance evaluation.  Those used to be so scary, but I’ve been doing my job long enough now that I’m pretty confident that my boss likes what I do and how I do it.  If not, I may be very surprised in a couple hours.

See ya’.  Lane

4 comments:

Piece by Piece said...

Love the glove....I am a poet and didn't know it. LOL I can use a full glove here today, as it has turned cold. Minus 12*C here today, with about an inch of snow.
Hope someone will love the quilt, glad the drape came in handy for the backing.
Patricia

Rebecca Grace said...

Happy New Year, Lane! Great colors in that Linus quilt and I just love your beautiful star blocks in your Civil War quilt. I saw quite a few versions of fingerless gloves in the holiday catalogs this year, and was wondering if that was so people could still fiddle with the touch screens on their phones? How wonderful to be able to knit your own!

lw said...

Love the fingerless gloves! Great color. Your layout on the civil war quilt is nicely balanced.

I haven't seen the Interview yet, but I'll be trying to find it now.

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.