I'm borrowing that phrase from Heidi N Closet. She won't mind. There's plenty of room under that tent for everyone that feels blessed and highly favored.
We spent a lot of time cleaning up this weekend. There was a lot that needed doing in the back yard now that the work back there is finished. (for now) Picking things up, dealing with the trampling the fence builders did in my garden...they were not as careful as I thought they'd be. I'll be digging up more and getting it out of the way next time. And, there is a next time. Since we ordered our fence, the house behind us has changed hands and the owner is fixing it up to flip it. We've decided we need to be completely separate from that, so we're putting up a fence between us and that house. Their fence is on our side of the property line, and we're not going to let them build on our side again. That's going to be awkward, but it is what it is. My husband is taking care of that...and I'm glad to let him. More about the yard later.
I finished the new left glove. This is me taking a picture of my left hand with my right hand. I'm so left handed it's freaky, so it took a few tries to get all the fingers in the picture. I've left the yarn ends out because I'm thinking of taking some length off a couple fingers. First, I figure I need to make the right glove in case I get bored...gloves with slightly long fingers are better than a glove and a half.
One of the things I needed to do was get the studio cleaned up so I could get back to normal projects. Working on multiple projects at a time left the studio cluttered with small things that I'd pulled out, used once and then sat down. To celebrate the cleanliness, I decided to make a mess. I needed some inspiration to get back to the flower quilt blocks and a new needle case and pin cushion were just the trick. And, it took that just-cleared edge off the room because I pulled my tools back out to make it.
Admit it, you wish you had one. The needle caddy pattern came from Becky Goldsmith at Piece o' Cake Quilts and the pincushion is two 2.5" squares sewn right side together, turned out and filled. I couldn't find my ground up walnut shells, so I filled it with some anise seed. For some reason, I had a lot and this is a good way to use some and it smells like black licorice. (and sausage!)
I also did some hand quilting. I finished up the circles and then realized that the rest needed to be parallel straight lines. That really was the only thing that was going to compliment the curves and circles. I wouldn't mind finishing this project soon. It's not that I'm bored with it, but I will be glad when I am done. It's like I carry the weight of this one for some reason...a weight I don't feel from most of my other unfinished projects.
And, finally the yard and fences. These are the new fences. I think they have Rob enthralled. For me, they're a background on which to paint leaves and flowers. And, they smell so good!