Started in October 2019, finished yesterday. It felt good to put those last stitches in. Then, I took it outside for a picture in the bright sun.
This is the most difficult thing I ever made. It took a long time to piece, and a long time to quilt. I kept having to stop for breaks and made a couple of other quilts since I started this one. This is a really pretty quilt, but it's so outside my normal comfort zone that I look at it as if someone else had made it. I'm sure that will change as I start to socialize it and get feedback. I plan to wash and block it to size later this week. It's 68 1/2" square,,,or it will be when I block it. 😓. Then we can hang it and see how it hangs on a rod. I extended the sleeve past the curved corners so the sides wouldn't sag. We'll see if that works. I knew the side edges would sag if I didn't extend the sides of the sleeve out far enough.
I don't know if you remember this quilt, but it's the other one I wan't to quilt before the show. This got a lot of attention when I posted it after finishing the top (March 2019), The holdup on this one is figuring out what to quilt in it. I know I will have to keep the quilting even across the surface of the quilt or it won't lay flat, so I can't quilt the whole thing in the ditch because the pieces in the center are so small. I'd have to pick a grid and quilt the whole quilt at that measurement. The original plan was to quilt a spiral in it, and I'm going to spend some time trying to figure out how to do that. Hopefully, if I figure out I can't do it, something else will have occurred to me while I tried. (All those articles about learning through failure are paying off.)