6/13/22

Not much quilting

I celebrated the first really hot day of the summer by cleaning the kitchen, so didn't get to much quilting.  It was just too hot to go outside after 9:30.  I wouldn't even open the back door to take stuff outside that I'd dragged in.  I also cleared the accumulated junk off the dining table and put out a fresh table cloth and dusted the bedroom.  I'm not much on still and quiet, even when I can't go outside and play.

Saturday afternoon, I made the June block for the Barbara Brackman American Stars BOM.  This block is way outside my norm and was inspired by a sample block Becky Brown made where she used a stripe in the block border.  The block center is the size it is because it needed to print on one sheet of paper, then Barbara added the border to bring it to size.  I considered redrafting the block without the border, but thought it would be really plain without that. 


The rest of the post is flowers.  We had a pretty good week in the yard.  These two frilly yellow daylilies bloomed last week.  The first one is in the back yard and the second in the front.  Not sure where they came from, but they're beautiful!



Charlene's Patio daylily.  I know, I showed one recently that I called by that name, but was wrong.  They're very similar but that one was yaba-daba-doo.  We only know the names of the ones we've had a really long time.  


These four o'clocks are so vibrant.  And, they're going wild from seed I threw last year.  


Crepe myrtle, giving its best show so far.  A neighbor gave us this in a pot when they moved away a few years ago.  I don't know if it's a dwarf, but it hasn't gotten taller than this, just wider.  


---------
I hope you watched the Jan 6 Committee hearing last week.  Everyone should have.  There were quite a few surprises for me.  But, the video of the insurrectionists storming the capital made me watch and cry.  

I am proud not to believe the lies that sparked that violent attempt to overthrow our government.  My only shame is that we aren't doing more about it.  

Lane

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gawsh! The flowers are lovely. Thanks for sharing. Mary
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have no words.