2/20/23

Leaving the house

I am the worst home body.  I could stay at home all the time, just going out for supplies.  Getting to work from home just made that worse.   Last week was about getting out of the house.  

I always like to start with a quilt, so here's a quilt from an antique store we visited on Saturday.  There are quilts all over the store that they use for decoration and are not for sale.  The ones for sale are not nearly as nice as the ones on the walls and tables.  They're in remarkable shape.  Can you imagine sitting and doing all this tiny appliqué?  And the cherries are so perfectly round.  


This did not come home with us, but might have if we'd been in the truck.  It's funny how the early American furniture from my childhood is now antiques!

This did come home with me.  It's my birthday present to me.  Every so often I stumble up on a piece of Roseville pottery at a price I don't mind paying and have a very small collection.  (Small because I don't find much of it and what I do find is very expensive.)  

Didn't come home with me, but got drooled over three times and then plugged in and left behind.  It blew very fast and didn't have a speed control and was slightly out of balance so it made a good bit of noise.  

We expanded the collection of Americana glassware.  We went into a store that had marked it down to the point of being "too good to be true".  So, we helped them out by bringing some of it home.  


As always, antique dealers were happy to see us and we had a nice lunch in a small town cafe.  It was a nice drive and a great way to spend a Saturday.  

On my birthday, I decided I wanted to take Rob and Syd someplace different, so we went to one of the restaurants where my book club meets.  We had the whole schmeer, apps, dinner, dessert and lots of laughter.  And a great waitress!  She was just attentive enough that we never wanted for anything, but not enough to join the conversation.  Rob gave me tickets to see Patti Lupone in May and I can hardly wait!  


Everybody have a great week!  Do something you enjoy and try something you haven't done before.  It's good to grow.  

Lane



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. Y’all look so happy! Thanks for sharing. Mary

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday. Glad to hear that you had a great time and celebrated. Thanks for sharing.

Hubblebird said...

That’s my kind of birthday! What a lovely, happy, pic!

Unknown said...

I have that same piece of pottery in my home. My mother and her sisters were very keen "antiquers." I love it, great birthday present!

Suzanne said...

Happy belated birthday! I’m glad you had time with loved ones, doing fun things!