10/2/23

Staying busy

 I forgot to take a picture of the greenhouse, but it's coming together nicely.  Still a few things to do, but I'm moving things in slowly and buying colorful cache pots and gradually, the vision I had is coming together.  Still lots to do and still so much to store in there that it looks crowded, but I'll keep plugging away at it until it's done.  The plants that were out too long are starting to recover and I have a few cacti to replace, but for the most part, everyone survived.  And, I've made some plans for the garden, taking similar plants and clumping them together and thinning out some of the things that do really well.  Winter work.  

The plan for the baby quilt is coming along nicely.  I watched a video of a kaleidoscope and it helped me make some decisions.  I'm so glad I decided to lay it out on the design wall before sewing it together.  There will be changes.  I've decided it needs to be 25 blocks and where the purple circle is will be the center...except that's going to be a hot color, red or orange.  Above, below and to both sides of it will be cool color partial circles, like the dark blue one at the top, and the corners will be warm colors again.  And, all the blocks where the background fabric makes an x and the colors make a + will be the same pastel fabric, probably light blue.  In my mind, it will look like a kaleidoscope, but we will have to see.  

We had big and bulky trash pickup a couple weeks ago and I picked up a little table from the street.  I love to recycle.  Someone had spilled something thick and black on it and let it dry.  It was like dried cake batter, but harder.  It took a while to scrape and soften that off, but then I was left with a very nice little table that replaces a TV tray I'd been using...it was a nice TV tray, but it was still a TV tray.  


I also finished the mixer on Saturday.  The new gear came in and it fixed the problem, so I greased the machine up and put it all back together and it purrs like a kitchenaid again...which is to say it makes the appropriate growling sound that all kitchenaids do.  Last night, I ordered a set of attachments.  And, I will not be sharing how much this little garage sale find ended up costing me, but it better make some really good Christmas cookies.  Whatever happened to it in its past life bent the planetary gear and broke a good bit of enamel off the flat beater and that was the only attachment it came with.  I tried attachments from my other mixers, but of course, they don't work.  

Yesterday afternoon, I cooked.  It was good for me and when I was done, I cleaned the kitchen up really good and that was good for me, too.  I made a King Ranch casserole and a banana pudding and baked Mac and cheese.  The other half of the King Ranch is in the freezer.  We had banana pudding for a snack last night and it was one of the best ones I ever made.  And, toooooo simple.  

Today's thought:


Everybody have a great week!  Find things you enjoy and make sure you make time for at least a few of them.  But most of all, be happy in what you do.

Lane


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The table was a good find. Your house must smell amazing after cooking three dishes. Thanks for sharing. Mary