No, not with dynamite.
We’ve been batting around ideas for quilting this year’s holiday quilt. I found a drawing of some snowflakes, which we agreed were appropriate. We wanted the snowflakes to be really big so they would lay over and disappear into the piecing of the quilt. But, if you look for them, you’ll be able to see them.
I found the drawing on someone’s pinterest, then I traced it onto a transparency. I put it on the overhead and blew it way up and traced it again. But, that was pretty inexact and the lines were curvy. So, I spent a few hours in the floor with a ruler and a sharpie cleaning that up.
It’s big enough that six repeats will fill the center of the quilt, so I layered six pieces of tissue paper behind it, and using my machine and a needle without thread, I needle punched the design into the tissue paper. Now, I’m ready to pin the tissue on top of the quilt and quilt through it, into the quilt. But, before I do that, I need to get some of the safety pins out of the quilt and that means putting in some ditch work for stability.
At least it’s started and started is halfway there most of the time.
Everybody have a great Monday. Lane