7/31/23

Good times

 Last weeks post was titled My boring life, but this week was full of good stuff.  Wednesday was book club.  I've been asking for a "man's book", one that was told from a man's perspective for a change.  It was my turn to recommend a book and I chose The Searcher by Tana French.  Unfortunately, only two of us finished it, and only two of us showed up for book club.  The member that came is one I didn't know very well, so we spent the time talking and getting to know one another.  The book was a mystery with a lot of drama and an unexpected ending and I enjoyed it.  

We were out the other day and I bought another of Tana French's books.  I also bought some cookbooks.  I love sitting down to read a new cookbook and try new recipes.  It appeals to my sense of adventure.  


On Thursday night, we went to see Jinkx Monsoon!  That was fun!  Her show was a mix of cover songs, original songs and stand-up comedy.  I love her dark wit and sarcasm!  Other than being kind of loud, it was a great show!  

I hadn't been to the Paramount theater since the 80's.  It's a very old theater that was restored just after I moved here and has seen many great performers in the years since...we just didn't see the shows.  The architecture is beautiful.  This is from the lobby ceiling.  


And, this is from the theater ceiling.


Yesterday, I got a wild hair and made pickles.  Yes, I do use my Ronco Dial-o-matic with it's zero safety features.  I would like to do some more canning next weekend, if I can find some good tomatoes.  



Couple thoughts for the day.  



Time to breed more lions.  

Everybody have a great week!  Find something you enjoy and do it as much as you can.  And, support your local lion breeder.  

Lane

2 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Lovely post that I enjoyed reading very much. I liked that expression which is new to me...I got a wild hair.

Anonymous said...

Zero safety features! Too funny. Thanks for sharing. Mary