7/10/23

Short week

For a short week, it sure was busy.  I spent as much time as I could over the holiday in the garden.  It's settling into summer and the plants that can't handle the heat are dying back and new plants are pushing forward.  We have a loan in to help at work.  But, they loaned her to us for more hours than the asked for and now, we're scrambling to find things to keep her busy.  That took away from time to do my job, so the loan in that was meant to help me get more done didn't.  She's with someone else this week, so hopefully, I'll be able to catch up.  

In the garden, the elephant ears are doing well.  They've found a good spot.  I remember that an Aunt grew these behind her house, between two trees.  It was a thick clump of them and I loved watching them wave in the breeze.  These were behind my greenhouse, but when we cut a tree a couple of years ago, they were in too much sun and I lost all but one bulb.  I put it in this pot and it has divided, so now I have two.  

And, this tiny yellow rose that's about as big as the last knuckle on my pinky.  

This white spider lily came from the neighbors when they were prepping her house to sell.  I've lusted over these lilies since I moved in.  The new owner isn't interested in the yard, so may not even notice that they've bloomed in front of her house.  

I was working last week and turned around in my chair and saw the miniature quilts on the wall and they caught my eye like I hadn't seen them before.  Not sure why that happens sometimes, but I've been enjoying them since.  Here's the one that really caught my eye.  Lots of color, but still warm and fall like.  

And, this one from a kit I bought on vacation several years ago.  

Okay, that's it for me today.  It's time to get ready for work.  Everybody have a great week!  Do what you enjoy and enjoy what you do!

Lane





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope your doggy is having a good day. Thanks for sharing. Mary