1/30/10

They call her Sydney-rella



Okay, don't really call her that cuz she hates it, so I only use it when I ask her to help and she's a butthead about it. And, she's certainly NOT being a butthead today. She's pitched in and is working like a trooper like the rest of us.

We decided to clean carpets today and oil all the furniture in the living and dining room. I ran to get the oil changed in the car and they emptied the rooms, then we vaccumed and steam cleaned. It's a gorgeous sunny low humidity day today so the carpet should dry quick. Okay, that's the end of my break. Have a great day. Lane

5 comments:

My name is Riet said...

Oh my goodness Lane, you are a wonderful housekeeper. It looks like you are springcleaning every week. And Sidney is learning housekeeping from the best.

Coloradolady said...

Cute name.....enjoy the help, because to be honest...they usually don't want to help at all!! Way to go Sydney....for helping out!!

Vesuviusmama said...

Lane, as much as I'd love to host you in my home if you are ever in Virginia, you can NEVER come because you would think my home is a sty compared to what must be your spotless home. How do you find the motivation for so much cleaning? I feel like a slob every time I read about your most recent cleaning escapade. Can I come visit you and see what clean is all about?

Shay said...

Awwwww...isn't your daughter awesome!

These are the moments you take and remember when they're being completely impossible to live with.

Shirley said...

I'm with Riet, what a great role model you are to Sydney. It's great that you all get involved together, I think that makes a difference to kids. Way better than saying "go clean your room" and then sitting on the computer... who me? Uh.... I was going to clean the crumbs out of my cutlery drawer, maybe.