3/25/15

Abundant thanks

Every so often, I am the recipient of some really cool stuff.  Last bee, I received two different gifts from two different friends whose initials are L.  You know who you are.  And, you both read this blog.

L gave Sydney some makeup.  L, I wanted you to know that yesterday, on the way to school, she said “that lipstick from your friend L is the perfect color.”  She also said to tell you thanks so much for the nice gift.

L gave me some things that had come to her from her mother.  There was a whole collection of quilting motif books and patterns for whole cloth quilts.  You guys know how much I love those.

100_8041

And, there was also this preprinted whole cloth top that I’ve already basted to a backing and collected thread and my hand quilting sewing kit and am ready to bag it up for my trip to Indiana next month.  I’m going to be spending a lot of time in hotels that week and if I get lucky, I’ll be a passenger in the backseat of someone’s car while we drive all over the state and this will be the perfect project (if unlucky, I’m the driver.)

100_8042

I always look at these longingly at the quilt shows, but I’ve never bought one.  Now, I have one and I can hardly wait to get started on it. 

And, following that theme, the fruit quilt kit was also a gift, and last night, I made this much progress on those tiny tomato leaves.

100_8045

That’s the first five pieces.  Of 49.  We’re gonna be at this all month.

See ya.  Be well.  It’s hump day; the middle of the week.  I started washing the red fabrics for the raffle quilt.  They ran.  Tomorrow is another day.  And, another hot wash and dry.

Lane

2 comments:

Lakegaldonna said...

Ah, the kindness of quilters right? So glad you were the recipient of those random but well thought gifts.

What comes around goes around. Thank you for blogging about all that you do. We love it!

Good luck on your road trip next month. I hope you are the passenger. Love the progress on the fruit block too.

lw said...

Cool gifts! Especially the lipstick being the right color; that's like winning the lotto.