3/6/15

Snow-CD day

We had ice again yesterday morning.  I did try to work from home.  Honest, I did.  For a couple of hours, I tried to get logged in.  By the time I gave up, the sun was out and the ice was melted and the puddles had evaporated.  So, I took the day as a day off…ostensibly to spend it having a fun “free” day with the family.

Soon as I finished one little thing on the Stargazer quilt. 

And, that was all I did.  All day.  Three times.

I was trying to insert an eighth inch of fabric between the quilt and the next border and I was trying to do it not using Sally Collins’ method. 

And, predictably, it didn’t work.

Three times.

The third time was the best, but even it wasn’t acceptable.  So, last night, while I watched TV with the family, I picked it out, too.

At the end of the day, I had not added any to the quilt.  In fact, it is now a half inch smaller all the way around than it was yesterday morning. 

And, I ground through all my excess fabric in three of the prints I wanted to use.  All of it ended up in the trash.  And, I don’t know if I’ll be able to find more. 

Okay, so I know it didn’t have anything to do with Stargazer.  It had to do with other disappointments this week.  Disappointments that didn’t have anything to do with a quilt.  And, a little anxiety about next week, which is going to be a very busy and very work filled week with two team events to attend, as well as quilt guild board meeting. 

So, now, I’m hoping I’ve worked through that and my quilt is no worse for the experience and all it cost me was a day that I could…should have spent having laughs with my family.  You know, like what you see on TV; family sitting around, wrapped in quilts, eating popcorn and staying warm and watching movies in front of the fire.

Everybody have a great Friday.  I’m going to try to make up my snow day over the weekend. 

Lane

2 comments:

lw said...

At home, we call that "negative work." But like children, I think we feel closest to the quilts that cause us the most trouble.

Anonymous said...

we live.
we learn.
we do it better next time.
relax or Nature makes us pay.

-Neame