8/19/19

Quick post

Not much happening around here.  It's too hot.  By the time I get home in the 105* heat and make dinner and clean up, I really don't want to do much of anything. 

I did manage to finish the last ornament.  I'm going to sash these and either put them in a column or a row and turn them into a small table runner.  I think they'll be really cute that way. 



And, I finished the large arcs I showed last week and started the last 8 small arcs.  The small arcs fit into the large arcs and make a 45* curve.  I printed the pattern for the border last week.  I think I can do that.  It's basically this design, but in a straight line, with curved corners.  I can do that and I'm almost certain the scraps I've been using will be enough for the border as well. 


And, I did start that afghan for my TV time handwork project.  It took me a while to find the right scrappy pattern, but this is it.  It's basically a granny row and I crochet until I'm tired of that color or get to the end of the ball and then I move on to the next color.  It doesn't look like much now, but I think it's going to be real cute. 


Rob and I spent some time looking at paint chips to paint the inside of the hosue.  We are both very ready .  We've picked the colors and have a set of chips we like.  And, if nothing changes, I expect us to start painting Syd's roo...uhm, the guest room soon.  We also picked out towels for the guest bath.  That was much easier than picking paint, but probably not much less expensive.  But, we will enjoy what we picked and if we ever have a guest, so will they. 

We had Syd for dinner last week.  It was a real nice visit.  She seems to be doing well and enjoying life on her own.  She posted on facebook how glad she was that I taught her to cook.  Her roommates don't cook and couldn't understand why she was buying so many groceries to stock her pantry.  But, they've enjoyed her cooking, so she's teaching them in hopes that they can trade off the job and all cook a couple nights a week. 

Everybody have a great week!  I finally figured out the project my boss has been pushing me so hard for.  One night, while I slept, all the dots lined up for me and I could finally see what I needed to do to finish that project.  Now, if I can just find the time to do it.  And, it's so hot, I'm having trouble being really motiviated. 

Lane

3 comments:

Dot said...

Your realize, Sydney is living the life she learned from you - cooking, teaching them to share the load (cooking), giving you credit on facebook, and living independently. I felt bereft when my two left for college, but they turned out so very well. Sydney is well on her way, thanks to the two of you.

She sounds capable, which is whole goal of raising a child in my book.

Hard to tell you are not really feeling motivated, what with a new afghan project, starting the next phase of your arc quilt, and finishing the ornament blocks. Not forgetting figuring out how to tackle the big project at work. Even in an off time, you are a high achiever and set a good example.

Anonymous said...

Good morning....seems like you’ve done a lot. You manage to make the best use of your time. Even in the heat! Thanks for sharing. Mary

Anonymous said...

I have read this blog several times. Seems to me you have done a lot. You had me when you fixed dinner. That takes time. The table runner is going to be very unique. Too hot for outdoors. Stay cool...lum