8/15/22

cleaning and prep

The fabric came for the new bedspread and we laid it out and we love it!  Now to find the time to make a bedskirt, spread, shams, two accent pillows and reupholster the headboard.  Fortunately, I have some time off next week and plan to get started then.  Rob is making improvements in the closet.  It's not a remodel, it's an update.  And, that's fine for now.  

I finished my shirt.  It just needed buttons and holes.  That took several hours.  I started with the buttonholer that I've always called my fave and then I went to a different one and I ended up on the Bernini 930.  It didn't make the prettiest buttonhole, but it did let me predict exactly where the buttonhole would be.  With the old fashioned buttonhole attachments, I've forgotten how to do that and wasn't in the mood to find the manuals and figure it out again.  


That's all I had to finish on Syd's shirt too, but it went much quicker.  I spent a lot of time looking for the perfect button.  I went with a black button, but will tell her not to lose one because I have no idea how to replace it.  I tried buying buttons but couldn't find a good one, so I went to my extensive button stash (how did I end up with a button stash?). There are several sets of buttons there with enough to do a shirt and I found 8 I really liked.  8 is the minimum number of buttons on a shirt.  I didn't place one at the collar, so 6 down the front and 2 at each cuff.  And, I ended up further sorting the buttons, separating the pearl from the white and the off-white and clear.  Hey, even unimportant home organization still counts as home organization.  


I also finished my latest apron, which only needed a buckle for the neck strap and I hemmed a shirt.  I bought a shirt in Goodwill.  Love the plaid, but when I wore it, it hung long...very long...minidress long.  So, yesterday, I cut 3" from the hem and re-hemmed it.  Came out perfect!

Right now, I'm celebrating green in the yard.  We're in a slow season.  There are things blooming but nothing is making a big show.  That's fine.  I see the fall plants starting to fill in and get ready for their turn.  I can wait.


For now, I'm enjoying the green spots.  


And, the view from the kitchen sink (if you gotta wash dishes, I hope you have a nice view)


I watched a woodpecker at a knot above the birdbath the other day.  It was going to town on the bugs it found there.  

And, then I got to watch its young.


All is right in the backyard.  

-------------------------

So, we got some shit going down from the man that's above the law right now.  Theft, groping, assault, sedition, treason, espionage...how far does this go?  And, he still has supporters.  At this point, that's also treason.  

Just sayin'.  

=============

That's a double line.  There's gonna be swearing.

There was a brouhaha this week about one of the TX candidates for governor calling someone a mother fucker.  I have my doubts about whether Beto will win, but as long as he keeps vocalizing the same things I'm thinking, I'll listen to him speak.  How many times have I wanted to walk up to one of these ass wipes and call them that exact name, but I don't have Beto's security detail and can't trust that name calling won't get me shot, because ya know, that's equal measure, right?  Name calling and shooting?  I read a tweet the other day where a guy said he's most comfortable in places where white straight conservative christian men were in the minority.  I feel the exact same way, except when I see how some of the women act, I'm feeling the same about them

Also, it's not espionage unless it's from the espionage region of France.  Otherwise, it's just "sparkling treason".  (stolen from a tweet)

Everybody have a good day!  Stay strong.  Keep the love in your heart, and remember anger and love are not mutually exclusive.  

Lane

2 comments:

Elle said...

Below the line comment: If ever there was a situation that demanded righteous anger, it was that one where someone in the audience laughed when Beto talked about Uvalde. And the audience's equally powerful response to Beto's cursing was to stand and applaud hm.

"He who is not angry when there is just cause for anger is immoral. Why? Because anger looks to the good of justice. And if you can live amid injustice without anger, you are immoral as well as unjust." Thomas Aquinas

Anonymous said...

That’s awesome that you’re doing new bedding too. Big projects ! I’ve never seen a woodpecker….other than that crazy cartoon character that was on tv when we were kids. Oh wait….should that have been my below the line comment? Thanks for sharing. Mary