9/12/22

between projects

This weekend was all about cleaning up the studio between projects.  I had made or remade 4 shirts and everything for the bedroom, and even though I'd been pretty rigorously picking up behind myself, the pile of neatly folded scraps and ironing boards and box of thread and then all the stuff I just walked by and sat down on a sewing machine because it was convenient...don't make that face, you've done it too.  Anyway, like all good cleaning projects, it resulted in a donation box, which is always a good thing.  

I had a 4th covid booster and my flu shot on Friday.  While I didn't feel bad, I didn't have any energy, so Saturday was a great day for sitting on the floor going through stuff.  And, I came across all the school supplies I bought when I was teaching quilting and realized I already had 100 mechanical pencils, so the box of 100 more wasn't really going to be much use.  And, I found the very last remaining felt tip pen in the world.  And, it still writes.  I'm thinking eBay.  

Anyway, even tho I cleaned up, my studio is not a pic I'm willing to share, so today is mostly plants.  These rain lilies came up last week.  They're not very tall and they don't last long.  The next door neighbors gave them to me when they dug them out of their yard.  I love having them and they make a great statement right now when blooms are sparse. 


A pink Gerber daisy.  This one isn't in enough sun, so I don't get many blooms and am glad to see them when I do.

The lemonade lantana.  Not sure what's up with this one.  It's never done well here because of shade.  We had the tree cut down last year so I expected it to try to take over the space, but it's still compact.  At least it's blooming, right?  And, maybe it's supposed to be compact?


And, the hummingbird bush.  This big bush dies to the ground every winter and comes back in the spring and gets taller than me and blooms these tubular red flowers and every time I look out the kitchen window, I see at least one hummer going after it.  The books call it fire bush and it's about half grown.


Rob's best friend's birthday was Saturday and they had a small get together at his favorite Mexican restaurant.  We had fun and laughs and I made a couple new friends.  Anyway, we took the scenic route to get there and here are a couple pics of the drive.  


The Austin skyline has changed so much!


Our condolences to the Royal Family for the loss of Queen Elizabeth II.  Rob and I agree that while she was not our queen, she was queen all our lives and we will miss her grace, dignity, and constancy.  

----------------

On the other hand,

hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhaha!

I know that it is a sin to delight in what is going on with maga and dirty steve b and trump.  I will say the Pledge of Allegiance 5 times and go forth and sin some more because this is wonderful to behold and I am delighted by it!  Let's do lindsay g and ginni t next!  Lock them up!

Everybody have a great week!  Find your passion and get on with it!  No obstacles, no regrets.

Lane

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the encouragement. Wish I could just sit in my sewing room and work on something, anything. Too much else to do.

Anonymous said...

Oh! So you do go outside your gate. ( just kidding). Nice to see your city. Yes, we lost Our Queen. A lady that was not afraid of color. She looked good in whatever she was dressed in. Thanks for sharing. Mary