11/7/22

Progress and not so much

Feeling very anxious about tomorrow and still picking up new projects instead of finishing old ones.  This is what I do.  We went to Michael's for embroidery floss so I could finish this project.  The instructions say to quilt one line a half inch outside the design, bind and add a hanging sleeve.  I think I can do something more fun than that, but I don't know what yet.  

These next pictures are a cautionary tale about paying attention to what I'm doing.  I was in the last few seams before I realized it wasn't going together right.  I tried to block it square, but it was never going to do that and thank goodness I didn't take an iron to it to try.  

I'm not quite sure when I went wrong, so I don't know how much I'll have to take apart, but this is what it's supposed to look like, except the center where I varied from pattern.  It says something that I was able to put it together so wrong and still get it to come out somewhat square, I'm just not sure it says a good thing.  


In other news, the maple in the front yard is turning.  Silver maples are rare in this area and this is an old one.  Because of the fickle weather here, some years the color change only lasts a couple days before the leaves fall off the tree.  We had a few cold days and the leaves at the top of the tree started to change and fall, then it warmed up and it all stopped, but last week we had some cold days again and we're getting a second show.  

Book club met last week.  This was a really strange book and while we spent 2.5 hours together, we hardly talked about the book at all.  It was good, but it was strange and moved through time and it was very much about pandemics and I think it was just too soon for that.  We did sit and talk and laugh and disagree and talk over one another and laugh some more and order too much food.  All the stuff good friends do.  


---------------
I have nothing to say politically except please vote if you're a democrat.  If you're a repub, your dear orange says elections are a rigged waste of time, please stay home.  

Everybody have a good week.  I hope to be here next week too.  

Lane



4 comments:

cbott said...

Ugh. I went out this morning in all this rain for early voting...but that ended Friday! We usually vote so early that we've paid no attention to when it ends. So, looks as though I'll be queuing tomorrow. Lesson learned. I'll spend the extra time today quilting. Good weather for it.

Carolyn in Pflugerville

Anonymous said...

I've been praying nightly that the right people get in, to save our country. I'm hoping that the 'silent majority' comes out in force.
Thank you for sharing.

jane said...

love your voting comment!

Bridget said...

Yes, I voted. Thrilled to see a couple 18 year olds in line to vote! As to your block, I think you have the pieces sewn together incorrectly. The wedge that makes the diamond is OK but the odd edge triangles go on the other way...um, not easy to explain...The wedge triangle should have it's wider end attached to the wide end of the diamond...:)