2/13/24

As seen in real life

Both  cataract surgeries are over.  All went well and I"m in that stage where I'm doing drops all day.  First surprise was color.  Blue is sooooo blue and white is very, very bright.  As a quilter, that's going to help!  

Working last week was as challenging as I expected.  Sometimes I had one eye closed or covered and sometimes, I had the other.  I probably wasn't very productive, but I was able to get some stuff done.  

Today, my eyes are working in tandem again and I can see/read everything but small print on computer and phone screens and I have a pair of readers that I'll use until I'm fully healed for the that.  After that, I'm supposed to be slightly nearsighted.  We will see.  

Everybody said cataract surgery was no big deal.  And, they were right.  It's not how I'd choose to spend a Sunday afternoon, but as medical procedures go, it wasn't bad.  Oh, and I've finally learned to put in eye drops, which I've always been terrible at.

Everybody have a great week!  

Lane

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad it went well Lane, may the healing continue

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that all went well. Your posts were missed. Thanks for letting us know you are back.

cbott said...

After my surgeries I was left wondering just what kind of color combos I was putting in my quilts in prior years!

Two years have gone by, and I still delight in looking at my blue (again) walls.

Carolyn

Suzanne said...

I'm so glad you are doing well!

Hubblebird said...

So glad it all went well.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you. Thanks for the update. Glad you’re on the mend. Thanks for sharing . Mary