6/15/09

Neat and Tidy...for a while

Well, I found out yesterday that my company isn't going to let me blog on this site from work. RATS! I'm sure that it is incredibly important that I not be able to add content...cuz I might add something incredibly inappropriate...right!

Anyway, I spent the weekend cleaning up fabric, so I'm sharing a pic of the closet where I store it. It's so nice to have it organized, but it's still so packed into those tubs that I can barely pull a piece out when I find it. Oh, well. At least I can find it now, right?



Today, I'm having lunch with my mentor. I'm going to take the patchwork panache quilt to show her and see if she has any suggestions. I'm still not happy with it, but I don't know why. Don't you just hate that? It's much easier to fix something if you can identify what's wrong.

I did not get my cmas block finished. There's still border to add around the block that will act as sashing in the finished quilt. And, my $5 quilt block is cut, but not assembled and it's due on Thursday. And, I really need to be working on the Haiku quilt, but am on a short break from it. Can't work on it all the time. I absolutely need variety in my quilting.

I've been visiting the old blog site, but can't get logged in. Glad I found so many friends here.

Work is hard and next month, it's going to get harder. We're rolling that new product out in a second state and I, for one, am not looking forward to it. Working that hard really crimps my personal time. And, I've gotten another complaint about how much time I spend in the sewing room, so I've found several hand work projects that I can work on out with the family. Guess they're never going to come to me, so Mohammad must go to the mountain.

Sydney and I are working out 5 days a week. We both had a little weight to lose...okay, we both had a lot of weight to lose. Unfortunately, we're both in that phase of building muscle and not losing weight, so it's hard to be encouraged. Iwas able to get into an old pair of shorts that cut me in half last month, so I'm feeling good about it. Guess I need to try to find something that she'd outgrown because I can see the difference, but she wants to see it in the scale and it's just not there yet. And, Rob is quitting smoking. I guess this is the summer for us all to try to be more health conscious...but I'd kill for a big hunk of chocolate cake!

Y'all take care and have a great day. See ya on the blog. Lane

8 comments:

Becky said...

Wow, man, you have some fabric!! I thought I had a bunch (and I do) but I think you have me beat. At least it is all organized for you. You and Sydney hang in there, it will be well worth it in the end. BUT, who am I to talk, I need to be working harder at shedding about 60 lbs. Argggggghhhhhh. I guess this is a case of "do what I say, not what I do" that our mothers laid on us and made us scream! :)
Have a great day....and be sure to keep all those company secrets!!!

Lane said...

Whoohoo! I complained about the site being blocked yesterday and they opened it up today, so i can blog from work...at least for a little while. Lane

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Your "new" stash looks good. It is so nice to have it organized and be able to find something you want, even if it is hard to get to. Loosing weight is hard to do, so is quitting smoking but hang in there. The last time I went to the old site my antivirus program caught a bug so who knows.

Auntie Em said...

Sounds like you're all making some good changes toward good health. (Wish I could say the same. )
Regarding your comment on my blog about the small size of the hexagons...I must admit that when it comes to sewing them to each other, I have to have really good light, and wear reading glasses. Hope your new glasses come in soon. They make all the difference!

Cheryl Willis said...

Lane, you have to start an new account at the old blog to get in, sounds like KIM is working on getting what she can copied there are still many things a bit off but it is kinda fun starting over. I am going to try do both and see how it goes. cw

Molly said...

I agree with you on the chocolate cake. Losing weight is a real bummer unless you can find a way to do it and enjoy it at the same time. If you do, let me know !

Vesuviusmama said...

I, too, am trying to become a bit more fit. My job is doing the Walking Works program. They have outfitted us all with pedometers to count our steps every day (they add up!), and giving us goals and prize incentives to be more active, even just walking. For a prize, I might actually stick with it...

Nancy said...

Your organization works! I have my name in to move to another senior community and one of the things I am most excited about, besides the fact that it is out in the country, is the fact that there is a 5 x 8 walk-in closet so maybe I can get the two filled bookcases of fabric out of my bedroom and stash it away somewhere! A few of those who posted mentioned losing weight. This has been an eternal struggle for me and the only thing that has worked has been Dr. Barry Sears' "The Zone" - 56 lbs in 3 months and great because if you must have that sweet, or whatever calls to you, he suggests paring a good protein with it so it is utilized differently by the body.