2/11/16

Slow progress

I'm still making slow progress on hand quilting the Dresden Plate quilt. 


We laid it on the floor in the living room last night and there is surprisingly little re-quilting to do.  I really thought that, because I'd been quilting on this quilt for several years, I'd want to pull some of the early work out and replace it.  But, there's really only one bit of echo around a plate that is too narrow and needs to be replaced to look more like the rest of the blocks.  Other than that, just two more block centers like the one above to quilt. 


But, look at those tiny stitches!

I've taken a few days off work.  I needed to be away for a bit, just for some mental health days.  And, I'm spending as much as I can quilting and working in the yard.  No structure.  Just doing what I want to do. 

Today, I'm having lunch with a quilting friend.  And, I'm moving daylilies into the neighbor's flowerbed, and I need to head to the hardware store for seed starting pellets.  But, first, I'm going to be cutting 2.5" squares for the Double Wedding Ring quilt.  I'm bored with the lack of variety. 

I sat on the deck with the featherweight yesterday and made 8 arcs.  That was fun.  Bonnie Hunter has a good idea sewing out on the porch.  Unfortunately, I can't get a treadle out there, but my FW and a good heavy extension cord did just fine.

We'll have to see what my lack of structure holds in store for today! 

Everybody have a great Thursday.  Lane

4 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

Mental days are good and love that you sewed outside. BH has great places to sew.

lw said...

I'm glad you've got a few days off-- very fun! I love the idea of sewing outside, but right now it's about 21 degrees and windy out there, so I'll have to wait a few months.

Love how the Dresden plate is coming along. Do you know when and where you'll be showing it?

Anonymous said...

Sewing on the porch!!! makes me wish I had a screened porch or deck to do that!!! Unfortunately in our area it is cold and rainy 9 to 10 months of the year. But I can dream.

LuAnn said...

I'm wondering where you are that you can work in the yard. I shoveled a bit of snow yesterday, and it's below freezing. I'm looking forward to stitching on the porch this summer. Your hand quilting is gorgeous. Hope you enjoy your time off.