10/25/16

Not my normal style

We all step outside our comfort zone sometimes, right? 

Sometimes that's even a success, right?

And, sometimes, it's not.  Right.

I bought the bright prints for this several years ago and was so excited.  It must have been spring.  I came home and added some fabrics and cut out a quilt.  I just made up a pattern and cut out all the pieces I was going to need.  I even took a picture of the pieces, all laid out like they were supposed to be. 

Now, I can't find the pictures and the fabric is not really "me", so this one needs to go to Linus.  And, that meant finding a pattern that would take the specific pieces I had cut.  And, this is what I came up with. 


Finish it, quilt it, send it to Linus.  This is the best plan for this quilt.

This is almost like picking up someone else's UFO and trying to figure out a way to finish it.  Note to self:  always store the pattern with the fabric.

Everybody have a great Tuesday.  The little snowman quilt is almost all sewn down, so next will be layering and quilting him.  But, plenty of time for that, right?

Not!  the holidays are around the corner. 

Lane

1 comment:

The Joyful Quilter said...

That's going to turn out cute (and the tip... Invaluable!!) Why? Because I just had to figure out how to put together a Mystery Quilt at a retreat WITHOUT the directions!!!