5/22/11

And, on the third weekend...

With a goal like a quilt a month for Linus, I have to be very regimented. I really thought I'd be behind this month, but have managed to pull it off. On the first weekend, I cut. On the second, I piece. On the third I quilt and on the fourth, I bind.

I got this quilted in 3 hours this morning. It's not going to win any prizes, but it's pretty darn cute for something I just thought up and quilted in.




I just quilted the whole thing with repeating capital cursive L's. Tons and tons of L's. And, in the border, I did two repeats, so they really don't look like L's at all.






So, that's my quilting adventure for the day. I also managed to iron for my trip, so now it's off to the kitchen for a full day of fun making sure the family gets to eat this week while I'm gone.




Take care and have a great Sunday. Lane, with a capital L.


With my

5 comments:

Crunchy Diva said...

your Linus quilt is lovely i'm sure the lucky child that gets it will cherish it.

lw said...

I love this quilt-- very comforting looking, and warm looking.

Elizabeth said...

Nice work! I love the double l's in the border. Hope you have a nice rest of your weekend.

xo -E

Unknown said...

Hey, I really like the L quilting. Good idea! I love quilts with big blocks, they go together so quickly. I am sure a child will love this quilt!

qltmom9 said...

Oooo...I bet even Lucy with a capital L could do Ls all over. I stink at FMQ, but that L sounds fun.

Lucy~