But, I was going to show this baby quilt. This one was made for Rob's nephew, David. It's handquilted as well. This was the first time I pieced a back. I've found out it's much easier to do this when machine quilting because I can piece the back as I do the ditchwork on the front. I get straighter lines that way, but this one worked out pretty good. If I remember right, I spent a lot of time trying to get it just square before I started quilting.
I spent as much time quilting yesterday as I could. On the apple themed quilt, I got all four corners and the next to last border finished. Took me hours to pull all those tiny pieces of parchment that I used to mark, but it looks really good. I started drawing the pattern for the final border. It's a branch covered with apples, apple blossoms and leaves. Each branch begins as half of a V in the corner and extends to the middle of the border where it will meet the tip of another branch that finishes the side. It's going to be busy, but totally in theme. I had a hard time walking away mid-drawing last night and kept just sitting down to draw one more leaf...and then one more.
Y'all take care and have a great Monday. It's going to be a busy day for me, I'm sure. Lane