11/15/09

Binding...YEAH!

Well, sorta yeah. When I got the binding on and turned the first corner stitching it down, I realized i had not quilted in the corners. Uggghhhh. But, I'll wait until it's bound and then put that in.

We talked about quilting for texture in threads that disappear into the background. Here's the quilt front lit. See the apple with the bite out of it? Tee-hee...i crack myself up.



And, here's the quilt side lit. You can see how much texture there really is. Just makes me want to reach out and rub it.



I expect to spend a lot of time listening to the book and whipping down binding. And, I picked a project to take to Cleveland next week. It's just basting hexagons, but, who says a project needs to be complicated to be fun. It's certainly the most portable project I have. But, I'd rather pull out embroidery floss and embroider the month names on one of my BOM's. That takes enough ambition to pull out thread during what is shaping up to be a very busy day.


Y'all take care and have a great Sunday. We're watching a long movie about the 70's that's really good. Lane


5 comments:

Becky said...

The apple is so perfect!! The texture is really a neat addition. Have a safe trip to Cleveland and baste away!!

Shirley said...

The texture is great Lane! I just knew the thread didn't have to show for it to be a great quilt. Love the apple with a bite out of it. Got hungry huh? *LOL*

Quiltluver said...

Very nice. I like the way you were able to take the picture so we could see the texture. Karen

My name is Riet said...

That is going to be beautiful, Great texture Lane

Vesuviusmama said...

The texture is fantastic - I want to run my hand over it, too!