11/9/09

Now you see it, now you don't...

I finally finished all the border quilting and got all that paper pulled off. There were 8 sections and I estimate it took 2 hours to quilt a section and another 2 hours to pull out the paper. After the first section, I just quilted them all and then I could take it out into the living room and pull during family time. Now, all that's leaft is some fixing and a lot of thread snipping and quilting a few places I missed here and there and then I can bind this one. Here's the pattern, all quilted in.



And, when I pulled the paper out, it all disappeared. Wish I'd done it in black thread instead of dark brown. You can still see some of the tiny, sand sized pieces of paper. This is after I cleaned it with a pair of tweezers. I sure hope all that will wash out!

It's fall in Texas. This is our maple tree out front. It's lost about half the leaves, but we're getting a great show of gold this year. We don't always. Some years, it goes from green to bare with no colors in between. But, with the cool nights and warm days, we got a show this year.
We took this after Sydney and I had spent about 2 hours raking up the leaves that had fallen, mulching them up and storing them in airtight trashcans to put into the garden on another day. This morning, as I was leaving the house, I saw that Rob had put them all out on the street and the recycling team had taken them. RATS!!!
Take care and have a great Monday. Rob and Sydney are both off and I'm having to work. Something's wrong with that. Lane




4 comments:

Hazel said...

Thats just heart breaking after all your hard work ,I guess this is one of those live and learn lessons .

viridian said...

Look at them apples! Oh no, all gone. Bummer.

Shirley said...

On the bright side Lane, the quilting adds texture even if you can't see the beautiful design of it. We all have to learn sometime and unfortunately that sometime is after we've spent a lot of time working on it.

Becky said...

Shirley's right....the texture is still good. I really like the pattern....though I think I would go crosseyed trying to stitch it! :)