5/23/10

And then I went here...

Thanks everyone for your thoughts on my drunkard's path. I have been having fun playing with this one. Elizabeth at Such a Sew and Sew sent me here and I got even more ideas. I tried this


And, this
But then I did this
And, that led to this
And, I think I've decided on that. It made me feel excited again. But, you guys like that one with the bubbles so much, I should send it to the Moda Bakeshop.
The Drunkard's path block is sure a versatile one. Now, it's time to start hand piecing. Before the dog mixes up the pieces.
Lane

9 comments:

Barb said...

Ohhhhh I love what you came up with!!!

Quiltluver said...

I like your final choice even better!

Elizabeth said...

Oh, I'm famous (my ears are totally burning!). I love what you decided on. That is going to be amazing! Good choice! Oh, and do send your idea(s) in to Moda Bakeshop!

Shay said...

Wow. Wow. Wow.

I would have had a hard time deciding what to do with these blocks because I liked all the layouts!

Can't wait to see how this looks finished.

Sam said...

I love how different that block can look depending on the way you lay it. It really makes you appreciate the impact dark and light tones in fabric really do effect the overall feel of a quilt! Love it Lane! Great choice! Sam xox

Piece by Piece said...

Lane, you have picked a winner, I just love the lay out you have decided to use, it looks somewhat like jig saw puzzle pieces.
Patricia

Becky said...

Yes, this is even better than the bubbles. I can't wait to see it completed!!

lw said...

Wow-- really beautiful!

Susan Entwistle said...

I've never made a drunkard's path before, but I'm loving yours. What size finished block are you using?