8/23/11

Chasing the clock

Do you ever feel like you're chasing the clock. Late, unfinished, unprepared?

That's me this week. It is truly the first week of school with all the unexpected scheduling and rushing and trying to make sure all the i's are dotted and all the t's are crossed, but feeling a bit like my i's are crossed and my t's may be see spots.

Somehow, Sydney has been scheduled on the wrong bus and yesterday afternoon, was told by the driver that this was the last stop and she had to get off. Thank goodness, there's an emergency plan for that and she called the neighbor to come get her. She was only about 7 blocks from home, but not at an intersection she knew how to get home from. Poor thing. They said she was so lost.

Today is volleyball tryouts. I wished her luck as she was shoving me away as I tried to lean in for a last hug before she got out of the car. Oh, my she's growing up.

Turn around and she's a young girl walking out of the door.

YEAH!!!!

I'll have more time tomorrow, but today, I'm in school, too. All day training. I cut two toothpicks to prop my eyelids open with. Remember, i don't sit still well.

Lane

4 comments:

Paul said...

Oh poor Sydney... I can't believe they just made her get off the bus! That's not very safe!

I'll never forget my first day of school. My mom told me she would be at the bus stop, and I should just look for her. I never saw her and once the last kid got off the bus, I thought I was going to get in trouble, so I hid beneath the seats. I stayed there until the bus was in the bus lot, the driver shut it down and got off. A while later, I emerged from beneath the seats just in time to see the police, the bus driver and my mother getting on the bus to look for me...

I thought I was about to die!

Take Care,
Paul

qltmom9 said...

THAT BUS DRIVER!!! Please, contact his boss and let them know Sydney was put in danger.

I lived in town and had to walk, and the bus drivers would give me rides in BAD weather even though it was against the rules. They were kind.

Lucy~

INKcredible Girl said...

Yay for great neighbours to rescue poor Sydney!

lw said...

I love that you had this figured out before it happened, very smart! And Yay!!! for great neighbors, too, but gees, what is with the bus driver? I'm picturing Otto from the Simpsons...

Did Sydney make the team?