12/11/13

Oh, Christmas Trees

You guys know that we do Christmas big around here, right?  Is one tree enough?  No.  Two?  No.  The secret to multiple trees is a teenager that wants to decorate them.  She strings the lights, hangs the ornaments, adds the topper, she does it all but buy the presents.

This is the tree in the living room from two angles.

100_6297

100_6298

The ornaments are numerous.  My Mom started an ornament collection for each of us kids when we were young.  So, I have that plus the ornaments I collected over the years and the ones that Rob and I added after that, and we have a tree that is very full.  You name it, it’s there.  And, this year, a friend added a kitchen sink, so now we have everything and the kitchen sink.  Thanks, LD!

This is the tree in Sydney’s bathroom.  We started this tradition her first Christmas with us, with a pink tree.  The lights finally died on that one, and this year she picked a new, silver tree.

100_6300

She also has a tree in her bedroom. 

100_6302 

That’s her own collection of ornaments.  She specializes in birds.  And, she made her own ribbon topper.

100_6303

It looks a bit like a Phyllis Diller hat to me, but she loves it.  And, that’s the spirit of Christmas.  It’s the one time of year that it’s encouraged to be gaudy.

Last but not least, the miniature house needed some decorations, too.

100_6301

Yes, I did buy a string of battery powered lights and made ornaments of beads and the tree topper is a bracelet charm of the Eiffel Tower.  The wreath and the garland on the banister are made from individual limbs from old garland that we don’t use anymore.  I used scissors to cut the green back, near the wire, and that gave it the right perspective.  Best thing about this tree?  I can leave it decorated and just put it in a box for next year.  I do not relish the idea of decorating a miniature tree again.  It is not as easy as a big tree.

Be well.  Have a great Wednesday.  Lane

3 comments:

Laura said...

Send that teenager here! We've had the tree up for almost 2 weeks, and no one has bothered to put the first ornament on it.

lw said...

I wish you lived closer, I'd hire Sydney to decorate over here. I love how she did her trees. The bird ornaments are great.

mssewcrazy said...

Very nice. I love seeing the tree and the Christmas quilt wall hanging. I have a red/green twin block quilt I made but I should consider doing a wall hanging in the future after seeing this. Tell Sydney she is to be commended for the ornament hanging and her trees.