6/18/10

Aquarius

You might feel let down today and your first inclination is to fill in the emptiness with additional excitement. However, further analysis reveals that you may need peace and quiet at this time instead of more noise. Unfortunately, you won't likely get what you expect now... (Rick Levine)

Criminy, what does that mean?

Okay, so I don't put too much stock into my horoscope, but it is fun to take what they write and try to make it fit into my day. And, this one seems more applicable than usual today. I've been talking to Rob about being an "excitement junkie". I miss the stress of homework. I miss those huge projects I've been working on for the last year and a half. I miss the excitement of starting a new quilt pattern. I love the excitement of finding a special bargain on ebay. In fact, I've been using the excitement of the bargain to supplement the lack of excitement at work, much to the excitement of mastercard.

It's weird. Missing the stress when I hate to be stressed out so much. Missing the deadlines. Missing the travel.

But, it's a good time for all that to be over. I'm finding that the heat just takes everything out of me nowadays. So, it's a good time to just sit back and relax. Walk in the garden, take it easy on the weekends.

I'll get over Jones-ing for excitement soon enough. I'll get my job Mojo back. And, I'll stop Bogarting all the ebay bargains. And, hey. My horoscope said I wouldn't likely get what I EXPECTED. It didn't say I wouldn't enjoy it.

Take care and have a great Friday. It's the weekend and I'm piecing Indian Orange Peel borders. Again. Second time better be the charm cuz those puppies are a pain in the arse.

Lane

4 comments:

Leah said...

Weird...I'm a libra and that horoscope fit my day to a T. I'm off to find peace and quiet with a book in the shade.

If anyone asks, I'm blaming it on Lane and the fates! Ha!

Cheers and good luck with that monster quilt,

Leah Day

Coloradolady said...

I know what you mean.....the heat, job issues, stress, more stress, kids...even when they are grown...you get grown up stress right along with them...sorry....you might as well brace yourself for it now!!!

Have a good weekend...I have to work....and all I want to do is start a new quilt....sound familiar???

Auntie Em said...

Okay, now I have that "Aquarius" song running through my brain. ;-)

Crispy said...

Sunshine sent me over to check out your blog and I have managed to sit here for over an hour reading (and re-reading) your posts for June. You, sir, are a delight!! I'll be hanging out, as I want to read some more....but the dryer is buzzing and the hubby will be home for lunch in a minute (hope he likes the bologna sandwich I managed to slap together for him LOL).

Crispy